737 MAX8 Released at Simmarket - Is it legit?

Keep us informed, thinking about it if they show intent to update it and continue to improve, might seal the deal.

Well, to be fairā€¦ PMDG has NG, not MAX. Also, this is in no way comparable to PMDG, itā€™s a $25 aircraft. PMDG is $100. I donā€™t feel that itā€™s close enough in category to compete.

9 Likes

Say WHAT??? You want me to approach in a 737 at 86 knots? Are you high?

3 Likes

i just cant believe msfs2020 didnt put the most popular airliner ever made in their game 737-800 . crazy!!!

3 Likes

OKā€¦ Now itā€™s getting stupid. It keeps modifying the flight plan on its own and drawing some yellow linesā€¦

And thenā€¦ OH LOOKā€¦ the whole flightplan disappeared and everything is disconnected. And I didnā€™t press a thing.

1 Like

Guys, this is a disaster. Donā€™t touch this thing with a 10 foot pole until autopilot is fixed. It started doing whatever it wants, nothing matched between MCDU and displays, it maintained altitude of 1700 for a while as I wanted it to, but then randomly dove down without GS captured, itā€™s a TRAINWRECK of epic proportions and is not flyable until the AP is fixed.

That being said, it CAN be fixed. I just donā€™t know when they will get to it. Itā€™s just not doable right now.

It started off promising, but then just got worse and worse as I got near KLGA. Itā€™s a nightmare.

I will keep downloading updates if/when they release them to see if there are improvements, but at this rate, Iā€™d stay away. Itā€™s not worth a penny in this state.

11 Likes

Can you do a flight plan from world map, and see if it has issues with autopilot, or if the other program is causing some translation issues?

My 787 is possessed I am certain, Or it was built on Friday the 13, all sorts of autopilot issues, if I land at an airport and reprogram the destination airport and set flight plan, something always breaks along the way, either Auto Throttle does not work, it wonā€™t follow the magenta line, and heads towards who knows whereā€¦ maybe back home to where it was built?

787 would be cool too if they could iron out the bugs, it needs some help too.

Yes, I am doing the same flight - KBOS to KLGA right now with it planned through world map. Spawned on runway ready to go. Adjusted flaps to 15, cause thatā€™s what was there by default, but flaps were set to 10. So far climbing. I indicated 11,000 as cleared by ATC. It kept climbing past that. So I pressed intervention and now itā€™s climbing down to 11. So far so good. We will see what happens.

Has some climbing issues - when cleared to 16,000 it proceeded to climb at 5,000 ft/min and lost so much airspeed it almost stalled, but then adjusted its climb rateā€¦ Definitely not smooth. Itā€™s not supposed to climb at crazy rates. Thatā€™s it so far.

No T/C or T/D indicators on MFD, nor is there an altitude arc.

All the landing gear lights are still green even though itā€™s been retracted.

In cruise. So far, so good. Still wants me to land at 86 knots. Half thinking ā€œWhat if I let it do that? Will it kill itself?ā€ and half ā€œThere is no way in hell I will let it do thatā€¦ Will probably manually set approach speed to 150 knots, cause thatā€™s somewhat closer to realityā€ā€¦

There is no DIR button on MCDUā€¦ How am I supposed to go direct to something?

Descendingā€¦ Itā€™s very iffy on descent rate - too shallow. Only 1,000. It wants to keep 242 knots for some reason. Taking an eternity to go from FL380->FL310. Throttle idle (though nowhere on the PFD does it indicate that, which is weirdā€¦)

Just finished the flight. Much better - no shenanigans with flight plan, so basically, donā€™t program your own flight plan, just use the planner. Descent was rough - it wanted to keep 242, so it was too shallow. I had to fool it by using speed brake (which doesnā€™t seem to be able to be armed for landing)ā€¦ It didnā€™t capture the final goofy Asobo arc on approach, but I am not sure any of the default planes would. So I overflew it and activated APP, so then it turned around and captured GS nicely. I landed and all was wellā€¦ In this context, itā€™s not bad, soā€¦ those who want it should probably get it as it will hopefully get better as it goes along, butā€¦ I am too spoiled by flying PMDG to take this one too seriously. It lacks so much compared to PMDG that even simple tasks become a ton of workload. I donā€™t know. Itā€™s under $24, itā€™s a pretty good value as long as you donā€™t try to program the MCDU with SimBrief flight plans. Just use the default planner and itā€™s not too much worse than default Boeings. Thatā€™s all I got. Sorry for so many posts - I was updating as I went along to not forget things.

4 Likes

Sorry - the most popular Airliner is the Airbus A320.

said no one everā€¦

great work Boston Jeremy77! Waiting for PMDGā€™s take.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve been with simmarket for about 4years now. No problems whatsoever. Just do the homework to avoid buying garbage and everything will be just fine. Fantastic merchant.

1 Like

Oh no, weā€™re not going there lolā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m tempted because of the price, but that cockpit would drive me nutsā€¦

1 Like

so I posted a link to this addon on a discord server and got banned for distributing pirated content