737 MAX8 Released at Simmarket - Is it legit?

Tell him just someone who don’t know what they are talking about, simmarket is just fine if you know what you are looking for and read up on it before buying.

1 Like

No worries, guys… Full review will be posted around 9-10 pm Central Time. I want to do a full flight to evaluate everything. Like I said, I am not expecting much, and we already know the sounds are from another default Boeing.

7 Likes

So you’re the hero who’s throwing himself on the grenade for everyone else. I’m sure this will be greatly appreciated by all of those who are dying for a 737.

3 Likes

You know that people are still gonna buy it even if the cockpit is a modified 787 one and yes Microsoft loves Bredok3d’s products. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this one gets on the marketplace.

2 Likes

The cockpit appears to be the same as the default 787 with some changes and poor editions to look like a 737 cockpit. Basically, you are paying 19 euros for an aircraft with a quality close to a FSX conversion with a merged cockpit.

I think the creator should release a freeware version and allow the community to help him develop, rather than charging for a half-baked aircraft, or at least developing (a lot) more before releasing. I have doubts that the creator has any commitment to continue developing this aircraft.

2 Likes

Oh no. What hideous creature does ‘bredok3d’ have in store next?

1 Like

Well, I made it a bit of a challenge to own every aircraft released since they come out slow and most are cheap and I have been here since the beginning. So, whatever. It’s COVID time - I don’t come out to restaurants and bars anymore, so there is spare money! If it’s garbage, I will simply not fly it (like I am doing with Typhoon)… but at least I can provide a review and an opinion, to be taken with a grain of salt. But I know money is tight for some people, so if it’s rubbish, I would be happy to save them some.

12 Likes

It’s likely not a scam but take it for what it’s worth. It’s made by the same dev as the eurofighter which is a good aircraft, but could be better.

1 Like

Well that’s cool. I’ve been selective with the planes I’ve bought so far. So far, it’s only been the 3 Carenado planes. But I do love that GA goodness.

Looks like a cash grab… and that’s what happens when the reputable developers are taking forever to release anything, cash grabs start to show up.

Well you don’t have to buy it.

2 Likes

I kinda like the feeling of “having them all”… I can then honestly say I have tried them all and naturally I will have my preference, but it will be an opinion from first-hand experience rather than what everyone else says. I look at it this way - I used to go to a restaurant or bar 3-4 times a week. In a restaurant, it’s $100/night for two at the very least. So, what’s $25 gonna do? It’s a good glass of wine. So I enjoy buying and trying all these aircraft instead of spending money on restaurants. That’s been the thing COVID changed for me - lack of going out to places, so there is extra money to be spent elsewhere. MSFS and P3D is it! That being said, I am about to start the test of this MAX. I am “bracing for impact”… :wink:

2 Likes

cockpit images. not mine, taken from another forum.

Looks like the TAB pull down controls does not lock up the flight controls like the 787 does to my sim with my Joysticks. Thats a plus!

Here are some initial thoughts (still in flight):

-Outside model is good.
-Cockpit is… OK. It’s not good, but for a $25 aircraft, it’s not terrible. It’s better than the Typhoon. Nothing that doesn’t belong in a 737 is there. Still some unlabeled dials/switches, but only a couple.
-Overhead arrangement is WEIRD. Some stuff is mislabeled with tooltips and does things that it’s not meant to do - like for some reason the APU Gen switch is labeled as APU Master.
-I didn’t read their basic document on cold and dark start, but I have been flying PMDG 737NG, so I know how to start the thing. I couldn’t pull it off. The switch labeled Ignition Left and Right is INOP. The cockpit and procedures need work for sure
-There was some ghost flight plan even though I entered my own… and somehow it was merged with that ghost plan, moreover, I can’t delete waypoints on LEGS page to modify it. Maybe will be better if you make a plan in the default MSFS planner, but I am used to programming my own from SimBrief. For the most part it works, but I will have to test this again. Definitely can’t delete waypoints in flight though.
-In MCDU, it doesn’t calculate take-off trim. So… how am I supposed to know what to set it to??? V Speeds are nicely calculated.
-For some reason the Thrust Lim is defaulted to a de-rated CLB 1 setting instead of just CLB. Weird, but it still worked out fine though it seemed like it needed more runway to get to V1 than I expected.
-Can’t set any of the MCP panel (autopilot settings) until engines are on. HUH?

-AUTOPILOT: I am impressed. Holds my 250 restriction very precisely below FL100. Then accelerates. In general, VERY smooth so far.
-Ground handling: REALLY easy to steer. Easier than default Boeings.

No autoland capability - engaging second autopilot just disengages the first one.

Overall though… So far… I am pleasantly surprised - it’s not AS MUCH of a trainwreck as I expected - it definitely has potential for improvement (as opposed to the Typhoon, which doesn’t and just needs to be rebuilt from scratch)… It’s MUCH better than the Typhoon. The things that don’t work or are weird can be fixed/improved and then it would be pretty solid.

Before completing this flight, I will say this - if you are itching for a 737, go for it. It’s not awful. Here are a couple of shots.

I will report a lot more later as I test things further. If you guys have any specific questions or want me to look into something, just ask.

!

14 Likes

5 Likes

LOL… SO THAT is what that screen for? To show rudder trim!

7 Likes

Couple of things I forgot:

-Packs are inop. So are all temperature related things. So is anything to do with TCAS.

1 Like

AVOID AVOID AVOID

wait for PMDG