747/787 Performance on Xbox

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes.

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

B787 boeing-787

Brief description of the issue:

787 took a big performance hit after SU13.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Regular takeoff, clear weather, no traffic.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU13

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes, did full re-install. No Add-ons, not even world or city updates.

Did a flight with the 747 and 787 from KBOS to KJFK using Simbrief from Cold&Dark to test performance after SU13 and stutter began down the taxiway. Improved on cruise but was almost unplayable during landing. It felt like going at 60 knots. I was part of SU13 beta and this was improved in some of the releases but got worse on the latest build. On the other side used the PMDG 737 during the latest beta build and the performance was perfect.

N/A

Create a flight from Cold & Dark from/to major airpots and the performance using either the 747 or 787 makes it unplayable.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

N/A Xbox X

Xbox X. No Add-ons, No extra marketplace items (WU, City Updates, etc), No traffic, statuc aircraft, ground vehicles, etc. Only MSFS installed on my Xbox.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

I am having same issue, however at YBBN today my screens were flicking on and off, then eventually the engines spooled down.

1 Like

XBOX X

I was not on the Beta but extreme stuttering with 747-800 at airports is just as bad after the latest update as it was before ,exactly same situation as op .737-600 smooth as silk.

2 Likes

Yep. Exactly. Do you have any of the other pmdg 737s? I only have the 600 but wanted to check how is it with the other variants in terms of performance.

No just the 600.

The other variants are great I have the 600,700,900 compared to 787/747 fps is night and day

Thanks. I have tried all iterations to make the 747/787 perform smooth (rolling cache on or off, photogrammetry, add-ons removed, etc) and nothing.

I think its only smooth on low demand city/airports.

1 Like

Yes correct 747/787 is only good with defualt scenery or very well optimized airports like pyreegue.
I have had much better results with running a 40gb cache with su13. I highly recommend picking up the pmdg 737 800 or 900 if you like flying the 787 :+1:.

Also pmdg is study level you need to enter your flight plan manually on fmc you can’t use the world map to import from.

On Xbox S, test flight 78X, only default airports, the YBBN/KLAX route, after 12 hours and in the descent phase, black screens followed by a restart and no flight programming data in the FMC., everything The flight from departure without graphical stutters. Loading data and programming the flight plan from Simbrief without problems. The PMDG birds on my Xbox are like silk and it is a pleasure to fly them!

3 Likes

I’m also noticing some “micro stutters” when taxiing with the 747 and they are quite latent and constant during taxiing with the current SU13 (also during landing). I saw the MSFS live on Twitch and noticed that Martial said he tests the simulator on computers for hours and hours. I would like to know when tests are carried out on the Xbox. Microsoft has to force quality tests on the Xbox, it is not possible for these fractures to remain on the Xbox.

2 Likes

Yes it doesn’t make sense

Something has to be optimized and thats why I mentioned that no such problems happen with the pmdg737 if they can Asobo should be able too.

By the way are you having issues handling the 747 on the ground at slow speed? I struggle to make sharp turns unless my ground speed is ridiculously slow (2 - 3 knots) any higher than that and is like drifting.

Try accelerating more and cornering by braking slowly, it helps a little but it’s not perfect.

yes

a lot of stutters while taxing with flighplan loaded

xbox series x

NO

MSFS Ultra settings, LOD 250/200

Gaming rig:

• MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WIFI
  • BIOS - H70
    HT - enabled
    Virtualization - disabled
    Re-size bar - enabled
  • PSU MSI MEG Ai1300P
  • i9 13900K
  • NZXT Kraken Z73
  • 32GB Ram DDR5 7200MHz 2x16GB
  • Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC // 537.42 // G-Sync enabled
  • Sound Blaster AE-9
  • ISK HD9999
  • 4xNVMe // 2TB for msfs
  • 1xSSD
  • 1xHDD
  • Logitech X56 H.O.T.A.S
  • VKB Gladiator NXT Evo Space Combat Edition
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS racing wheel
  • W10 pro latest ver.

Community:

aig-aitraffic-effects
aig-aitraffic-modelbehavior
aig-aitraffic-oci-beta
aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_
airport-eddt-berlintegel
ambitiouspilots-toolbar-pushback
an2_ap_mod
argaeus-ltfm-istanbul
Asobo-c172classic_Red.Black
cmdesign-epgd
drzewieckidesign-epkk
drzewieckidesign-eprz
drzewieckidesign-EPSY
drzewieckidesign-warsawairfields
drzewieckidesign-warsawmodlin
epkk-balice
epwa- by Tenpatrol
epwa- tekstury pgcompany-airportw 0.9
flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo
flybywire-externaltools-simbridge
flytampa-copenhagen
flytampa-corfu-airport
flytampa-corfu-island
flytampagg-athens
fsltl-traffic-base
gatwick
jplogistics-aircraft-c152
justsim-airport-lgrp-rodos
livery-antonov-an2-spwslal
mkstudios-airport-bikf-keflavik
mkstudios-airport-efhk-helsinki
mkstudios-airport-efro-rovaniemi
mkstudios-airport-lirf-rome
mxidesign-lgza-zakynthos
nassef-airport-hegn-hurghada
noolaero-module-vdgs
orbx-airport-engm-oslo
orbx-airport-lkpr-prague
orbx-airport-lowi-innsbruck
pgcompany-airport-epkt-katowice
pille83-lipr-rimini
pmdg-aircraft-738
pmdg-aircraft-738-liveries
pyreegue-airport-egph-edinburgh
spad-bridge-module
uk2000scenery-airport-commonlibrary
uk2000scenery-airport-eggw-luton
wombiiactual-airport-enbr-fleslandfix
z_CFD_738\

I’m using the 78X quite a lot now, with no observable performance issues for me, but I’m on PC & run with much lower LOD’s (100/100) for airliner flying so more CPU/mainthread resources available. Not really noticed much perf wise difference compared to previous non SU13 version. Just did EGLL->KJFK yesterday and KMIA->EGLL this morning, all very smooth except in Ini’s EGLL (+FSLTL) where FPS drops down to about 26FPS. (PC, 5950, 3090 @ 4K + dlss).

Yes

Same as what OP is describing specially on Xbox Series X. Its not possible to takeoff/land with good performance in high demanding airports (Asobo airports, i.e. KJFK).

When starting the flight performance is good but start to degrade more and more

No

Yes

since installing sim update 13, the game is continuously lagging to the point whereby the experience is really poor. I used to get very occasional black screens on the PMDG 737 but no major issues and the sim in general was very smooth when taxing or flying. Since the update, the game was almost unplayable so I have uninstalled all add-ons and have tried flying just the generic sim aircraft such as the 747-8 but unfortunately, there is constant stuttering or lagging, as if the Xbox cannot handle the sim at all. I had no issues whatsoever with this prior to installing sim update 13.

N/A

this issue persists with any default aircraft or airport since sim update 13.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

N/A Xbox

N/A Xbox Series X

After sim update 13

The 747 is unplayable now. I agree. Have you tried the pmdg 737? Amazingly that one runs really smooth on my xbox.

1 Like