747/787 Performance on Xbox

After sim update 13 in xbox is impossible to play. Disaster

2 Likes

I reinstalled it to give it a go and it’s now way worse than before. Black screens when landing into a default airport. The game is virtually non-playable for me now, worked absolutely fine 99% of the time before the update.

747 and 787 black screens or CTDs on nearly every airport or sometimes even in flight combined with stutters from hell. Unplayable in this state on xbox when you want to fly 747 or 787. Was never so bad before.

1 Like

I play on series s and the 747 and 787 are basically unusable i get black screens almost immediately after turning the battery on. Even when the game is loding the flight in it is very slow. And when i do get them to work i get so much shutters. So i basically only have the a320 neo to do airliner stuff.

2 Likes

I agree, it’s messed too on the 747. BSs and that’s after turning on the APU. Forget it, have tried several times so back to the 738, which was dependable!

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have lag after SU13. Stutters, not slow FPS but lots of fairly long lags up to maybe 0.25 sec, random in frequency. Xbox series X. I have been playing since FS2.0 in 1983, Sublogic. I switched to Xbox after MANY PC builds and stupid attempts to chase FPS as I thought it would be the great equalizer on performance and force msfs developers to develop to a STANDARD that runs smooth. If you can’t make a smooth experience for a sim in 2023 you have no business being in the sim world. Looking forward to some day not having to worry about FPS. But for now, I am putting msfs to bed for a while. Thanks for your efforts.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

All good with the PMDG 737, speaks volumes

2 Likes

Yes - this was never necessary before. The game has been ruined.

Xbox X - SU13 - Lag and Stutters 100%

Done a full reinstall [Twice] with no improvements, never noticed lag before or stutters, Black Screen yes many times but never this amount of lag/stutters. Even in the air I get major Lag/stutters. Yes it’s un-payable, so, so disappointed. I haven’t even downloaded the world updates yet because of server speeds.

1 Like

That is so strange! For me it’s really smooth, no complaints at all on the Series X.

I did try taking off with the 747 from JFK just to see what happens. It was a stutter fest (also in the air) but I got airborne without black screens or CTDs. I haven’t tried the 747 since before WT started working on it so I don’t know how it was in SU12.

But yeah, everything else has been fine and smooth, including downloading and installing SU13.

1 Like

Does the pmdg 737 work well on series s

I’ve never tried it, sorry.

Interestingly
 just did a flight with the pmdg 737-800 and it worked perfectly
 very strange lol

Yes, But, Xbox Series S.

How terrible is the 747 on Xbox. In the taxi for takeoff and landing, what you see in the video begins. It seems to me to be a “fight” between the ground rendering and the aircraft, considering that this only happens when it is close to or on the ground. At considerable altitude this does not happen.
The question that remains is, is there a problem in the programming or console that does not support rendering. Well, I don’t think I can answer the last question, given that the 737 runs smoothly. Sorry if the comparison doesn’t make sense or isn’t the same, well, it’s the only thing I can compare, given the complexity and details of the 737. Other than that, excellent work by WT on the avionics, if it wasn’t for that it would have been fantastic.

yes, but with the default TBM930 as I don’t have the plane the OP has

in the TBM930 (or pretty much any glass cockpit g3000 aircraft) in handcrafted large airport and around heavy photogrammetry cities (London for example) the sim suddenly gets 1-2 second pauses. Then after a while the avionics go black. Flying out of the photogrammetry area, things return almost to normal but encountering any custom scenery/airport the pauses seem to return. Not sure if it’s the G3000 causing the problem or the new optimisations but it’s only been like this since SU13. I’m also on series X

yes

So far I’ve only noticed the “stuttering” on final but I think its because I’ve only flown once since the update. I have a good isp so its not internet speed it just seems like my XboxX can’t handle the workload.

n/a

yes

lot of lags (sometimes 1 to 2 seconds!!) and sometimes black screens at big airports with plan loaded in the fms. I have this issue only using default asobo / WT aircraft (747,787,longitude). Before SU13 had only lot of microstutters using 787 /747/ Longitude. Now things apparently worsened.

xbox series x

Nothing beats the (bad) performance after running out of fuel in the 787.

I would state that the 747 with fuel and without fuel tops everything in terms of bad Performance and slow motion! Its a turtle not a Queen in msfs on xbox.