747 Dome , Glareshield Brightness, Aisle Stand light knobs not turning on Xbox X

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: The knobs on the 747 will not turn with either the Xbox joystick or mouse . Glareshield Brightness , Aisle Stand , and Dome . Have tried numerous times .

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Hot and cold startup

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Switches for flood lights seems to not work.

https://youtu.be/6DYyp009cu8

yes i have the same issues after the uodate on xbox x i can press the buttons but they dont work

Yes

Happens also on PC (MS Store version). Also the map brightness and floodlight (both on left & right sides of front panel) don´t work. Keyboard shortcuts still work to operate cabin lights.

Yes

All flood light rheostats are unable to be rotated.

Even after the new build for beta still not working. Please don’t forget to fix this before the public release :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it wasn’t specifically listed in the release notes, but this is still occurring in the .13 beta build.

1 Like

This bug will probably be fixed in SU11 now.

1 Like

That’s a very long time from now. It’s annoying. I fly the 747 a lot recently because of the nice liveries recently available.

1 Like

I have never understood why they:

A. Cannot fix what they broke during a beta, particularly when it appears to be a small thing (of course, we don’t know if it is a small thing, but why/how did something like this get broken in the first place?)

B. Have to wait for an SU to update individual aircraft

It’s especially B. that makes no sense to me. Sure, the core sim is what makes sense to be on the SU cycle, but the aircraft are separate from that and ought to be updated as needed. It’s what 3rd parties do, why can’t the MS/Asobo aircraft be treated similarly?

4 Likes

Ain’t no way we are going to be in the dark because of this for a long time till they decide to fix it :triumph::triumph:

yes

same bug on pc

Yes

Floodlight/dome knobs will not turn, and therefore floodlights cannot be adjusted in the 747. When launching a flight on the runway, the floodlights are on by default and cannot be dimmed. When launching from cold and dark, the floodlights are off by default and cannot be turned on.

2 Likes

This is another bug that I’m pointing out that arose in the beta, that has persisted through 6 weeks of beta testing and has not been addressed. In fact, this one hasn’t even been acknowledged.

Just another reminder that, yes, there are bugs that arise in the betas that do not get addressed by the team. While there are significant bugs that do get addressed, it’s not right to introduce small ones that go un-noted nor unaddressed and end up in the final release candidate.

5 Likes

This severely hampers usability of the aircraft at night and in high intensity light during the day. Please get a fix out Microsoft.

3 Likes

@SeedyL3205 can you please report this bug? It has been like that for more than 4 weeks :confused:

1 Like

If a thread has the #feedback-logged tag, as this one does, that means it has already been entered into our bug tracking system.

Also, please do not ping staff members. Thank you.

FYI…

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/why-are-regression-bugs-problems-not-a-high-priority-when-brought-on-by-an-update-or-beta/534235

2 Likes

Yes and Jörg seemed to be agitated by this question and went as far as saying they do fix these bugs hence the reason for delaying SU10.

As such, I’ve made a habit of noting several of these bugs that have arisen during the beta that haven’t been addressed to gently remind him that we weren’t being unreasonable when you posed that question for the Dev Q&A.

A frustrating brush-off to say the least.

2 Likes

Absolutely! I was surprised to hear what was said. There are SO many examples… unreal for it to be blown off like that.

But in a way, it’s like the CEO of a big company not knowing what the apprentice in the mailroom is doing. With Jörg being the Head of Flight Simulator, the question would’ve been better handled by someone closer to the action, perhaps Martial?

Also, if the moderator would follow up when a question is miss-understood or blown off, that would be VERY helpful.

In any case, I sure wish they would make regressions a high priority and focus on them immediately after a release. So frustrating that they don’t.

2 Likes