747 Dome , Glareshield Brightness, Aisle Stand light knobs not turning on Xbox X

I completely agree here. That was definitely a question for someone in the trenches.

And, for the record, I really like Jörg and hold no misgivings towards him. He has a great presence and has done so much for making this sim happen and continue to happen.

1 Like

Agreed! Well said.

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:aircraft-systems. Currently slated for a fix in the next major release.

5 Likes

According to release notes for the SU11 beta, this has been fixed. Will test soon.

I too experience the issue of the lighting controls knobs in the 747-8 being stuck on brightest and when you try to adjust them they just snap back to full bright.

Every update something is broken. How I miss SU4. Unable to control all Interior Lights.

This is an extremely frustrating aspect of every SU I’ve experienced.

Not fixed still broken in latest update

Not fixed.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. I run MSFS 2020 on a high end Alienware PC.
The interior lights seem to be on if I start at night, on full brightness, and I get the snap back control knob issue described in this issue. Only on the Boeing 747. My other jetliners seem to work properly or at least as well as they did on release.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

My contribution is my lights are on if I start a flight in the dark and I can’t turn them down or off as well as being off if I start a daylight flight and I can’t adjust brightness or turn them on or off.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This video is from a previous poster on this thread. It shows my issue perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DYyp009cu8

Only in the default 747-8 do I experience the issue of the interior lights being off during a day start and on during a night start and I am unable to adjust the panel floods or dome lights etc. The buttons turn in the virtual cockpit, but snap back into either the on or full bright position when I attempt to adjust the cockpit lights. Again this issue only presents itself to me in the Boeing 747-8. I have looked through my controls settings and have nothing for toggle lights or any other light control I can find. I rely on the virtual cockpit to adjust the interior lights. IF I fly from daylight into darkness then I have no way to light up the panels in the cockpit. Thanks for your help!

it worked yesterday today broken why pls fix

Also happening to me.
A similar issue happened yesterday in the C172 but with the mixture, which remained pulled all the way out without letting me increase it (similar to what is happening with the light knobs).

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi. I joined this site just to report that I have this same exact issue. I am using Xbox Series X.

Same problems here. Xbox Series X

Hope this is fixed in the 40th anniversary edition! Long time to wait for cockpit lighting.

1 Like

I couldn’t find any word about this bug in the Release Notes while installing the 40th anniversary edition. I hope this is only my paranoia.

That means they did not fix it. The issue persisted throughout SU11 beta.

They did something. The map light and overhead lights are not working anymore entirely.