787-10 loss of power and flight control while on AP at FL250 and above

I normally fly the A320 but decided to fly the 787-10 on a realistic long-haul flight from KEWR to KLAX yesterday. Besides losing ATC about twenty minutes into the flight and having to rely on the AI pilot for ATC communication, the flight went well until arrival. At touchdown the airplane decided to porpoise down the runway. So instead of ending the flight at the gate, it ended in a crash.

Today, after downloading the 787-10 update, I decided to take a real-world flight from KEWR to KORD. Again, I lost ATC comms and once at FL250 the airspeed dropped to stall speed, the thrust levers went full forward, and the engines and airframe were overstressed which caused a crash.

I decided to try flying the A320 and had the same result at FL310 flying from KDTW to KEWR.

I then tried flying the 787-10 from KORD to KEWR with the same result. Once at FL310 the airspeed indicator became very erratic, the airspeed dropped to stall speed, the engines overheated, and the airframe overstressed causing a crash.

I’m curious if anyone else has experienced these issues? This game is very disappointing. The only files I have downloaded to my community folder are the liveriesmegapack12 for AAL UAL DAL and Endeavor. Here are a couple screenshots of what I experienced.

This has been documented all over the forums in the past few days affecting lots of aircraft, it seems to be due to something wrong in the live weather.

3 Likes

Hey thanks, I should have looked a little harder.

1 Like

It is because the live weather has 300°C Air temperature on higher flight levels. This results in engine overheating. It is clearly a bug coming from live weather, on preset weather it is working perfectly fine. Check the Temps in my Screenshots attached :wink:

3 Likes

Please please please try the Heavy 787 mod for the 787. It makes the plane so much better.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me today over West Virginia.

1 Like

Ah yeah, but with the A320! Happened to me this afternoon, I could not figure out what was going on, was so frustrating. Good to know it wasn’t random, other people also experiencing. I’ll try disabling live weather and see if that works. Argh!

1 Like

good to know. I also thought i was the only one experiencing that. Happened to me with the A320. Plane couldn’t go past FL250 after which it starts to lose power and gyrate into different directions. I am looking forward to that day when an Update is released and it doesnt affect the sim in a negative way…

1 Like

Hello everyone.

The live weather issue was reported yesterday.
Please see (and continue any feedback) in

As the issue seems related. this topic was closed.

1 Like