787-9 Horizon cabin altitude warning

hello all, descending into SKBO i got a “cabin altitude” warning. What did i do wrong? how can you clear this warning off?

many thanks!

Did you find a way how to fix it? :slight_smile:

I suspect the airport elevation is above the altitude where the aircraft expects the cabin to be pressurized.

There is another discussion here. PMDG 737 Cabin Altitude warning

Unfortunately not, I just end up ignoring it without really understanding how to avoid it :frowning:

I did some chatting with the AI and the AI told me this.

It sounds like you had an interesting experience in your flight simulation! The cabin altitude warning on the 787 indicates that the pressure in the cabin is higher than it should be, which could potentially lead to issues with oxygen levels for passengers and crew.

As for the difference between your experiences at different airports, there are a few factors that could come into play. One possibility is that the cabin pressurization system on the aircraft may have been malfunctioning during your flight simulation, leading to the warning at the higher altitude airport.

Regarding the maximum airport altitude for takeoff and landing of the Boeing 787, it’s essential to note that aircraft performance can vary based on factors such as temperature, runway length, and weight. Generally, commercial aircraft like the 787 are designed to operate at airports up to certain altitudes, but the specific limitations can vary based on various factors.

For the Boeing 787, its maximum takeoff and landing altitude are typically around 8,000 feet to 9,000 feet above sea level. However, this can vary depending on factors like temperature, runway length, and aircraft weight. At higher-altitude airports, the reduced air density can affect aircraft performance, requiring longer takeoff and landing distances and potentially impacting the maximum allowable weights for takeoff and landing.

If it is true I dont know, but it makes sense to me. I was at airport at 9000 feet above sea level when I got this warning. Day earlier I landed at MMMX airport (7200 feet) above sea level and it was fine. Do you remember at which airport you got this error? So we can compare? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fix for this is easy, on your overhead panel - lower right hand side where the Pressurisation switches are, ensure you ‘LANDING ELEVATION SELECTOR’ has been pushed inwards which sets it to AUTO. The Aircraft will automatically manage your landing altitude then.

1 Like