787 Anti-Ice

Anti-Ice does absolutely nothing.

Yup, having the same issue

Found out soon as I started doing flights north lol. Forces me to fly at FL300 due to AOA getting close to stall at altitudes above that.

Haha I was really confused why I was cruising 6deg AOA. I’m pretty sure it’s been broken for a while.

1 Like

So that explains why I had the AOA of a SPACEX rocket… I’m guessing this has been reported already?

Imgur

1 Like

Also, video footage (don’t mind the narration).

2 Likes

Same here. Anti-ice on from pushback, trace amounts of ice in the climbout and the nose keeps going up and up. I quit at 14 deg nose up in level flight. It’s sad because I really like the 787.

1 Like

I don’t believe it is ice related.
There are a few posts on the climb issue.
Here is a link to one.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/787-10-struggling-to-climb-above-fl300/345092?u=thesevenflyer

The 787 in this sim is also very susceptible to load balance affecting lift, much, much, much more than IRL.
See this post:https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/low-thrust-power-on-to-full-flaps/329199/20?u=thesevenflyer

1 Like

Nah it is ice related. Literally the only time
I have an issue with AOA on climb is when ice shows up. Literally the only time. So it is definitely ice related. I even have ice effects on visual only and I still get affected. 787 is basically the only plane I fly right now and this only happens when ice shows up. Doesn’t matter if anti ice is on or not. It has no effect. My issue also has nothing to do with speed nor load. I use the default load on every flight except if it is very long distance and need more gas. All my flights go absolutely perfect until I fly in a cold area and ice shows up. The least common denominator here is ice.

Also that person sounds like he is having an ice issue as well and doesn’t know how to combat it. Above FL300, the ice really starts to take hold of performance and you have to either stay at FL300 or decrease your rate of climb. That person never changed his rate of climb because he doesn’t know how to combat the ice. If the Anti Ice was working, he wouldn’t have that problem. Which again brings me back to what I said the issue is. The issue is ice and the fact Anti Ice is broken on the 787.

2 Likes

I also beleive it is ice related, and if you don’t beleive it, observe your gross weight. If it doesn’t match the gross weight on your fuel and loading screen, then you have ice. I’ve noticed up to 16,000lbs of it at a time. So yes, its ice, and yes its broken. And if you still don’t beleive, see if the same symptoms happen in a place without ice. if you still are having problems then maybe you have a different issue.

2 Likes

I don’t think my issue was ice related. After I descended to FL310, burned off some fuel, then went back up later, everything was fine. I even turned icing fully back on and had no issues. I definitely never had an issue with high AOA in stable cruise so maybe you’ve encountered a different problem. I’m pretty sure mine was 100% to do with being heavy and the unrealistically poor performance vs. weight in the recent patches, though.

it only comes in together with ice.
has anyone already submitted a ticket ?

Guess what made you heavy, the ice my friend. The ice along with anti ice having no effect caused your issue.

1 Like

Alright, you convinced me that there is something wrong with the icing effect. I tried to recreate my issue in a warm climate where no icing is possible and I was able to go straight up to 41,000 feet with the same weight. With icing even on visual only, I was not able to do this.

1 Like

Yep!!! Anti Ice and ice effect in general is broken on 787

Did you try with the icing effects turned off in the menu?
That doesn’t have anything top do with visuals, it is actually the effect on the airplane.

The only options for icing effects are “on” or “visual only.” Visual only mode should make it to where you can see the ice but it has no effect on the flight dynamics… but I tried it on both settings and aircraft behavior was the same

1 Like

Why bother with Anti-icing systems when you can break free of icing with this exploit.
Icing AOA bug and how to break free of icing conditions using inverted flights - Bugs & Issues / Aircraft Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

:smiley:

1 Like

That’s what we mean when we say icing effects are broken. Visual only is = to having it actually effect the plane. There is no difference in the application of the options.

My mistake. That’s actually what I meant when I said “turned off”.
I had been following the visual effects threads, so I was pretty sure of what it was supposed to do,
but I didn’t have the sim running, and used the wrong phrase.
I appreciate you letting me know because I wasn’t aware that the “visual only” doesn’t work.
However, the previous poster (nOksX), does have a rather unique solution!