A current article with current perspective post patch 5

Use Factorio as a good example (again). Believe it or not, it is possible to deliver a game finished when you release the 1.0

1 Like

I was one of the very first third party developers for the ms FS franchise 26 years ago. I owned a flight sim company with 20+ designers. Our boxed software was among the first marketed globally by PC Aviator, and the predecessor to Just Flight. The company ran for seven years.

I think I have sufficient flight sim experience to offer a viable perspective that deserves thought.

If you donā€™t agree with a viewpoint, denigrating the one holding it is not the way to go.

5 Likes

I had problems with the Live Weather System too, but it worked more than it was broken!

Iā€™m a developer for 18 years now, and Iā€™m developing for Flight Sims since FSX. That been said, I know that the simulator has problems, but it is a game-changer, for sure!

Are you saying that MS and Asobo are not listening to us? Itā€™s completely the opposite. When had you seen a Q&A session with Austin (from Laminar) or one of Lockheedā€™s directors?

Iā€™m not saying that MSFS is, not even far, a perfect or complete software. But We need to recognize that they are doing a good job. Using technologies never used before. Delivering things never seen on a sim before!

Be safe!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for you and I do feel your frustration. 100%

I suggest you vote with your credit card and spend your money elsewhere. I have nearly 50 flying hours (and counting) of enjoyment with this title.

The weather works well enough for meā€¦ clouds, temperatures, windsā€¦ they all seem real enough for a SIMULATOR.

And remember, itā€™s a SIMULATOR and not a gameā€“as such, it is way more complex than a mere game.
[steps off the soapbox]

1 Like

I am closing this topic since it duplicates many others and is essentially not constructive

10 Likes