A game for gamers

No it isn’t. We expected MSFS to work. Autopilots to work. Weather to work. Jets that actually performed like jets. We got great eye candy (sometimes), better weather (sometimes) and a lot of wishful thinking.

I’m not happy, but it is what it is. This was built for people who want to fly around for a half hour or so here and there, but it was built on the backs and frustrations of the community who, for years, have been waiting for things that MS gave us the impression we were getting.The community THEY promised to listen to. Well…90% of what we asked for isn’t in THIS sim. Still.

1 Like

it is, it use (at least at the beginning the same state machine, source the code, you will see.
ATC is not just voice or a visual, don’t stop to what can be ear or watch, the internal interaction between atc and flight plan for example come from fsx.
Multiplayer ? it is just a feature to see other aircraft. No interaction with atc or between players, it is so minimalist, just a position to send. that’s not what i call multiplayer, sorry
lots of gui come from 3rd party framework like coherent GT (and using such a framework made for gui for real time avionic is not the best idea of the century).
Propably they will rewrite everything but they use a lot of fsx code for the base.

1 Like

When it comes to the hobby of flight simulation and those who really throw their wallets / purses at third-party content I am highly optimistic about the future of MSFS, I truly feel it will be a monopoly out there (for better or worse). The previous iteration of the series is over 10 years old and MSFS has come a long, long way in my opinion. MSFS isn’t just better than FSX because of the scenery and terrible at the rest. Having said that the next version of the competition really needs to change things up, it can’t be a simple rehash of their past iteration. I have seen the previews of it on FSElite.

Microsoft has changed, it doesn’t surprise me one bit that MSFS is available on Xbox and I didn’t need an announcement, it inevitably was going to happen. MSFS was never going to cater to only hardcore simmers.

1 Like

We agree then. Excellent.

Thank you for the conversation.

1 Like

No problem, I love it when conversations end on a civilized note! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe once Asobo have ironed out their big list of current bugs they’ll start adding some study level features to please the more serious simmers out there. Reading around this forum though I don’t think they’ll ever please everyone.

1 Like

SHOTS FIRED! Although Ferrari intentionally doesn’t run prototype so they don’t loose……you know, except to Corvette in GT.

1 Like

I’ve been too tied up watching that guy with the Tesla Plaid drag racing all comers in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile down in Florida. :slight_smile:

Getting 9.1-9.2 second 1/4 mile times with 150-154 mph trap speeds from a street legal 4700 pound, 4 door sedan amazes me.

I’ve never been a “brand” fan when it comes to racing. I’m for whoever is winning. :slight_smile:

Then you definitely ain’t a Ferrari fan.

1 Like

Seems this turned into the Assetto Corsa forums.

1 Like

I’m the type who’d replace a blown Ferrari engine with a Mazda 20b. That’s how I roll. :slight_smile:

Speaking of rotaries…I wish there was a Van RV modeled for FS 2020 with a 13b as the engine. I’ve been a fan of 13B’s in experimental aircraft for a few decades.

I could not agree more. As I have commented now several times elsewhere in this forum, I’m afraid our fears about what impact Xbox compatibility would have on the direction of FS2020 development are now being realised. WU5 was a total mess for the PC flightsim enthusiast and, as you correctly point out, WU6 merely panders to the shallow demands of the Xbox games console jockies. Of course VR isn’t supported on that platform and so there’s little prospect of, for example, adding VR hand controller support any time soon. ATC is another total mess that should have been sorted out for the serious simmer a long time ago. The list unfortunately is endless, as evidenced eloquently throughout this forum. Problem is… the big profits are in the games console market and so in order to keep its fickle users hooked, Asobo will be forced to pander to the demands of the Xbox user as a priority.

I want a Vans. 8 and a 14 for preference, but it would be sweet if you could configure it, probably out of sim pre-start. But that’s a deep deep pipe dream.

Thing is, it doesn’t even work on Xbox properly. That’s a BIG problem.

1 Like

This is why I stick to P3D. Simple, It works.
Currently FS is just my sightseeing simulator.

1 Like

What if XBoxers want to join in ? Or XBox-daddies ? Buy Hotas… rudder pedal when becomes available… performing procedures involving airports… fly together… guided landing procedures… Most XBoxers started only a month ago. You’ve been in flight simulators and VATSIM for years. I think if you count a year, two years from now… SimConnect restored, or wireless… use 2 XBoxes… or XBox+PC… XBox+tablet whatever. .I think there will be a “hard core” flight simming community in 2024, using XBoxes as well as PC’s.

XBox is just a different computer, not a culture or certain people.

5 Likes

I’m neither an enterprise user, nor a “student” and Lockheed gets enough of my money from taxes already.

1 Like

If so, that can only be a good thing.

Well said Sir👌

If and it’s a big if, Xbox users gain access to user created mods via the market place, that will be a big step. I would love the ability to be able to use vat sim, air hauler etc with the Xbox. I know it’s not possible at the moment but there are games currently which communicate with apps (fallout 4, F1 or some racing game)

Not all the time.

@ArcanePython931 Sorry, I keep messing up what I’m trying to quote you on. >_<