A lack of respect for the client

good day. The best thing that can happen is that the franchise grows, but first finish the previous product. they did not complete the list of 2020 features that in my opinion should be there from the day of departure, I would like to know if the development is still considered beta even. Without doing much memory, the sharedcockpit and the campaign are still missing, I’m sure that if I search I’ll find more things that haven’t been done yet and that were on the list, in addition to the incomplete or bugged ones (gp, icing, atc, etc). I personally don’t buy the excuse that in the past fs was sold every 2 years and no one complained, it’s true, as it is also true that the product they sold you was already fully functional with almost no bugs and its complete features. And to be honest, if only developing msfs 2020 (and we’re in the middle of 2023) the game still feels like a beta, what will the rest of the development be like dividing its attention and resources into 2 products? Do not take it as an exaltation, it is simply that it seems to me a lack of respect for the client.

85 Likes

I can understand their reason for releasing 2024 as a new product.

To generate revenue.

We must understand that they don’t work for free for all the updates (WU, SU, AAU) that they provided to us.

I think they deserve another source of revenue after 4 years supporting MSFS2020.

58 Likes

I personally don’t buy the excuse that in the past fs was sold every 2 years and no one complained, it’s true, as it is also true that the product they sold you was already fully functional with almost no bugs and its complete features.

Wrong. MSFS is 100X more polished, with way better features then FSX and prior games. You’re still getting the roadmap they have promised. You can stay on 2020.

44 Likes

Sorry but there´s a big difference between supporting a product for 4 years and fixing your own errors during those 4 years. Did we ask for WUs and additional content? No, it was their own decision to go into that direction. Indeed many people told them here in the forums that they were running too fast too early and platform needed a lot of consolidation first but they ignored it not once but many times.

I just don´t want any bad thing to the devs as they work and follow the instructions as any of us do. I just hope maths match the expected inconme until the 2024 release and the customers recover some faith on this after seeing what they can really offer, or it will be really hard to maintain the current strategy without selling. I bet many of us will not put a penny on this during many months till we see what is really released.

Cheers

43 Likes

Come on… we had free major updates with SU, WU etc for 4years, it’s totally normal to pay for the next 4years

32 Likes

Sure, there´s no problem on that. Feel free to pay. I really undestand that indeed and I did it with MSFS. Now I just prefer to pay when the work is already done and I can see it. The time to pay for promisses is over for me at least.

Cheers

24 Likes

I agree.

As far as I’m aware 2000, 2004 & flight sim X were more complete. They had to be because they were sold on disc.

Because msfs is a digital product it’s almost as if we got the “we’ll finish the rest as a download” and a lot of that hasn’t come.

If Microsoft had concentrated on getting more of the basics right with msfs rather than leaving an unfinished product then I would have more faith in msfs2024.

And msfs will be an unfinished product because who is going to have the will to finish this now msfs2024 has been announced.

12 Likes

You are very wrong. No sim (not a single one) has been “finished”. They are supported until they are not. Look on Youtube at the old FSX vids of people struggling with the OOM errors, for example, that were never fixed.

20 Likes

I am happy to be corrected as I am not as familiar with these versions.

Do you feel that no flight sim version has ever been 100% complete?

It feels like we are constantly chasing our tails.

3 Likes

“Maybe MSFS 2020 wasn’t 10 years project, but MSFS 2024 will be 100 years project - 100% guarantee” :rofl: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yes. Not one. There is always something that can be fixed or improved. People always want more but how long do you expect any company to dish out improvements and free stuff? There is not a single generation of simmer that has been given so much support (and free stuff) as this one :slight_smile:
P3D didn’t even like to acknowledge that “casual” simmers were even worth engaging with.

8 Likes

The whole “unfinished product” is an unrealistic idea that is mentioned now and then. You can keep adding features and polish a product like a flight sim for an eternity and still never reach this utopia of perfection.

Maybe this concept worked for simple games on a floppy back in the day (though many came with bugs that were never fixed as you couldn’t provide patches in an easy way).

Rather see it as an ever evolving and improving product that now continues in a new edition. I’m sure they will continue to fix blockers (such as the sim not loading or crashing) as long as the keep supporting the 2020 edition.

10 Likes

I think the main reason for so many new releases of Microsoft Flight Simulator back in the day was computer technology was moving so fast in those days. And each reincarnation was always better than the last.

But going forward I don’t think MSFS 2024 will be available on Xbox I think the current technology in the sim as gone about as far as it can go given the limited resources on console. Unless Microsoft are planning a new Xbox series? This will be a shame as I fly on Xbox

3 Likes

What promisses ? what do you want more ?
There is way more than just “fixing your own errors” in all their free updates since the beginning. (its the first time in history of all flight simulator p3D etc that we have so much support)
For me 60€/4years of updates is fair

A flight simulator will never be finished, it’s impossible, there is always something to add, improve and fix, it’s not a “standard game”

The only missing thing for MSFS20 are seasons but I think they want do it dynamically like in the real world so this is why it’s taking so long to release it (and I hope it will not be only for MSFS24)

13 Likes

It’s more like Asobo used the top 10 wishlist topics/ bugs and baked them into a new “game”, as we can see on the trailer there is the option to open doors now… If you pay 99$ for the “new” game…

6 Likes

Where did you get this price from? I think I know…:slight_smile:

1 Like

The announcement for 2024 was made on the Xbox Games Showcase.

Key word: Xbox

12 Likes

It was a guess, It’s approximately what I paid for the Premium Delux Edition, which to be honest, it was a waste of money. Only a bunch of half-baked aircraft and poorly optimized hand crafted airports. All of it is now uninstalled.

8 Likes

My opinions summary in couple of points:

• MSFS2024 will be and is probably intended as the evolution of MSFS2020 with some larger new feature set that deserve “the new product label” and the new payment from clients (us) who will be interested.

• As an evolution, it will be definitely based on technology and all the research they (MS and Asobo) did on 2020, not being completely rewritten “from scratch”. That’s how they can somehow guarantee backwards compatibility with most addons.

• If they already said that they will continue supporting 2020 along with new 2024, it shows that the “core” or codebase of both sims will stand on the same technical basis as much as it allows. That’s fair for us who will be thinking if stay on old 2020, invest in the brand new 2024 or completely leave.

• For me as the simmer and also the real world pilot, this sim is fair enough good (with all the features, addons and support) for the money I paid at the beginning. If I compare the possibilities it’s giving to me, expanding my real world experience, with the price I already paid, it’s still a big deal for me.

• And yes, everyting in our world is evolving, everyting is not perfect and everything still needs some work / care / love (name it as you need). And every effort costs money that is fair to pay for it.

Me personally, I feel rather excited with this new anouncement than feel cheated and I look forward what the future brings to us. And as usually, I’ll stay enjoying thing, even not perfect ones, rather than complaining and systematically seaching nagative “conspiracy” theories about how everyone just want to trick on all us. I believe they already proof that they are very competent to create something revolutionary and keeping us at least surprised with what will come in the near future.

And this is, IMHO still much much more satisfying than all the negativity about white dots, horizon lines and missing tornadoes and some bugs and imperfections that are very common in literally any piece of existing software. HOWG. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Were gamers always this entitled?

MSFS2020 will still be supported past the release of 2024. You can still play your game.

11 Likes