A new update?

I’m a bad example. I use MSFS only for testing products which appears on simMarket. But many people pay for the game after all pictures, videos and etc. Some of them tried to refund for the game after disappointment and you know what? Stema and MS Store not allow refund for 'em. Yes, they can go back to P3D, FSX or XP but what about spended money?

Well said sir! I’m sick and tired of the negative attitudes displayed by some in these fora. Like you I’ve been in Flt Sim since 1985 and have seen platforms come and go. Not one was truly fit for purpose out of the box and not one is as comprehensive and so wide ranging as MSFS. The Devs are working hard to fit their platform to our individual computer systems. If we work “with them” we’ll get what we want. A lot of hysterical ranting will move us on not one jot.

3 Likes

Flew from EGHI Southampton to Gibraltar ladt night. 3.5 hrs in the TBM.

Aircraft much improved and controllable, new sensitivity controls much better, the AP was flawless from takeoff to landing.

I have been very critical of Asobo in the past, with some reason but they have done well this time.

I never had a CTD and the frames were silky smooth with no stuttering at all, not once.

I do agree with the comments regarding the visuals though. In the beginning the waves were lapping onto the shore. Now the just stop dead. The water masks are gone, terrain details are sometimes dodgy, etc.

On the whole though, well done Asobo.

GTX 1070, i7, 16Gb RAM, SSD (page file gives 48Gb ‘extra’ RAM)

1 Like

kids are not at school so on here.
you’ll see its the same people crying over and over again acting like they are above everyone and have some sort of authority.

i recommend the community to vote down these people so the comments they make are hidden.

They should check first how much money they have spend in the past for other sims for nothing.

1 Like

Exactly. Like you, I can trace my flight simming back to the MSFS1 and Sublogic days. Can you imagine how the kids today would react to Pro Pilot, or Fly! if it they were released tomorrow in the state they were originally released? It would be hilarious.

2 Likes

same with steam or any digital download.
once youve had it a while no refunds its standard policy. everyone has the option to uninstall and stop using the software if unhappy, plenty of other titles for them to complain about.

its just abuse and raging at devs who are working hard against the trolls.

I’m in flight simulators from MSFS 5, from mid of 90th and i spend many money for my hobby and that’s not problem for me. For example, few weeks ago i fall in love in vintage planes. I install FSX that i bought many years ago, install Stratocruiser from A2A and feel good.

Yes indeed. Wireframe modelling and gauges you could hardly read. They really don’t appreciate what MS/Asobo has given them.

Trolls? Abuse? Do me a favor, check forum about update #5. Me and another guy resolve issue with devices profiles. FULLY! With all details and ways to fix it. And this hotfix not only Asobo work, mine too. Sleepless night with interesting task to make happy a hundreds and thousands simmers like you. And you call me troll now? Very nice.
Yes, simMarket in most cases follow “No Refunds” policy but if product is really bad and buggy we always refund.

You are comparing a car with a piece of entertainement software? Get real mate.

I compared not price but “The Product”

I’ve thought that about a bunch of the autopilot reported bugs. Sure they have problems, but if you think you can just engage the AP in any attitude and it will somehow rescue you, you’re wrong. They must be engaged when in a stable condition.

2 Likes

Mmm … Interesting theory.

Never occurred to me before, tbh, but you might be on to something here. I wonder if it’s also the same with increased transparency and giving away too much information ?

Bit off topic, I know, but interesting nonetheless

:smiling_face:

1 Like

I have the Steam update but nothing in game when checking for updates…

I’ve seen this before. Strangely enough, there was a Minecraft server I used to frequent years ago when I played. Used to keep their development plans pretty tight and locked, and they had a base of maybe 45,000 players online at a time. They eventually became much more transparent with the community per community request, and the community started getting hostile and unfriendly toward the administration and server. That server fell down to the bottom after being the most popular, and the second most popular server (which had a very NDA-locked development team and didn’t share much if anything about future plans) rose to the top very quickly. Not a fan of how that happens lol

1 Like

Did you read “The Cathedral and the Bazaar” by Eric Raymond? Good book to understand what’s happening in gamedev now when developer want to be open to the customers.
IMHO: Asobo have to hire some experienced simmers and work only with 'em. Because yes, as we can see MSFS bring a many newbies who want “More effects and pumpkins landings” instead of working with some really important things what’s hide from user eyes. Devices profiles is good example.

1 Like

Interesting case. No Mans Sky went through this. Too much information up front, and not deliverable in the publishing time-frame, so massive backlash. Now they please their community with regular updates of new things, but only release a teaser at most a month or two in advance.

1 Like

The new hotfix launched just recently for Steam and Windows Store addresses issues with CTD’s relating to custom input user profiles. Discussion should continue here: Discussion: Update #5.1 (1.10.8.0)