A new update?

Do you like the clouds, after patch 5 ?
They look horrible

5 Likes

turn the cloud setting on ultra
 lol They are looking good as before!

The hostility comes from COUNTLESS posts, COUNTLESS Zendesk tickets, and COUNTLESS promises that don’t seem heard until it’s at a screeching halt.

We are glad you are enjoying the sim. I am enjoying it, too, half the time. So don’t worry if others are upset. Go enjoy the sim, while the rest of us try to get Asobo to fix the glaring issues.

3 Likes

is it out for steam?

I have everything on Ultra
I7 9700K@5 GHz
32 GB DDR4
RTX 3090
1 Gbps internet speed

1 Like

But everything looking good as before (for me). I am sorry if you have problems with that, try to reset the graphic settings.

I’m not alone
 with the issue

No, they dont Look Same as before the Patch on Ultra.

1 Like

No patch notes. Just an update from the store. No further in-game dnld

1 Like

jakenben123, I agree with you
They created something amazing
But didn’t last long
They removed visual, graphics, with every single update
Getting ready for the Xbox

That’s why they released it on August 18th

2 Likes

You’ve got to be kidding me with that nonsense. As a flight simmer from the SubLogic days, which became the first MSFS, to being a real world pilot, I have never experienced a sim that provides such an accurate feeling of actually being in flight. It’s not about the buttons or lights, it’s about the feeling enhanced by the scenery, extraordinary weather effects, great sound and overall graphical fidelity.

This is the most immersive sim you’ll find anywhere, and enhancements and fixes are coming constantly.

I’m sure you can be better than this.

11 Likes

I fully agree. This is a 10+ years project.

2 Likes

Enhances and fixes are Fine, introducing new showstopping bugs everytime is Not.

4 Likes

His point is that it does seem like visuals have degraded, quite often, after each patch. If you don’t agree, then say you don’t agree. Leave it at that.

1 Like

Imagine having to deal with a flood of tens of thousands of posts all shouting at you telling you that YOUR improvement or YOUR bug is the most important one, and then being given what
 a few weeks to fix all of them? How ridiculous is that? Have you ever tried programming anything yourself? Bug fixing isn’t a fast process, and it’s even harder when you’ve got something as complex as this simulator where any change you make could potentially break something else. How can you both be pushing for biweekly updates and simultaneously get frustrated when things aren’t pristine and clear of all bugs?

Calm down, let them have time to sort out the bugs, and enjoy what you can from the simulator. You do realize that in its entire time with us, FSX only got 2 service packs well after release right? Be grateful this team even listens to us so intently. They don’t have to.

I have a theory that the amplified hostility might actually be a result of over-communication. I’ve seen this before. Generally, when platforms are more secretive, the public doesn’t gain expectations that their shouting is going to be heard, and they’re more likely to just go along with it and enjoy what they have.

2 Likes

some people actually do that on a regular basis and enjoy it. I’ve been working Fri, Sat, Sun and Mondays for the past 9 years and wouldn’t trade it for any other pattern.

2 Likes

FutureCubist, it does look great but it was greater
They removed visuals, graphics

No other flight simulator can even get close to MSFS 2020
Why the hell do they remove those amazing graphics ???

2 Likes

If you look at the thread you’ll see that I was replying to his previous post:

kudos for what ?
For advertising MSFS 2020 and selling a different product ?

I don’t know. Maybe ask them at the next Q&A and start a thread. I recommend asking nicely. Just a tip.

My take is that they are working on optimization work and have to do their best to increase performance while maintaining the visuals. They probably went too far on the performance side and need to make some fixes. Let them make the fixes.

You’re telling me to calm down with a 3 paragraph post? That’s rich.

I’m explaining the other side which you don’t get. We have a voting system, asked by Asobo, and have you seen much progress on the top bugs week after week? I sure haven’t.