A new update?

Just got this too. Hopefully some fixes…

921MB…

Top bugs don’t necessarily get fixed first. It depends on the complexity of the fix. Just apply this analogy to your car. Windshield wiper switch broken: it’s a quick fix. Engine stuttering for unknown reason: that’s going to take a bit more time.

1 Like

I do worry that they’re dumbing down the fidelity for XBOX. Perhaps XBOX should only be able to get to ‘medium’ or ‘high’ settings

3 Likes

Apple releases hotfixes for iOS. Microsoft does for Windows. Almost every device of significant complexity that runs on multiple platforms cannot possibly test for every possibility prior to release. There is no QA process that can take it all into account. And sometimes, surprise surprise, fixing one issue does cause others, even with all the automated testing protocols in place. But it’s still released because it had a higher priority than the issue it subsequently caused.

This type of development is insanely, and I mean insanely, complicated.

If it wasn’t, everyone would be doing it.

4 Likes

I agree with the replies. I absolutely love this new sim! I can’t go back to any of the legacy sims, nope not going to happen. Thanks MS an Asobo!

1 Like

Have you ever done one of the Bush flights? If not, do so and thank me later. I’m sure your negative attitude towards fs2020 will have changed. If not, get real flight lessons.

2 Likes

Look, I’m trying to be civil here. I really am. I understand what you’re saying. I also think the complaints you are making, while not unreasonable, are rude and out of hand. I just explained why the development process isn’t necessarily quick or clean. You seemed to ignore all of that and dismiss it as a long response.

The bugs are indeed disappearing off of the top issues list. But there are other bugs that are not necessarily on the top issues list that are also getting quick attention, and they’ve given planned release dates for the other fixes… so why do you expect them to come before they said they would?

What bugs are you so incredibly frustrated with that you can’t wait your turn in line to get fixed? They’re going through them as rapidly as possible while trying to avoid creating new bugs, which is an incredibly difficult thing to do.

1 Like

hotfix seemed to have fixed all default profiles for peripherals but my Thrustmaster rudder pedals still not working properly.

Amen. This place has become the Grand Central Station of whiners and cry-babies.

Waaa, the autopilot won’t land my plane. Yeah, no ■■■■, it’s not designed to.

Waaa, I can’t use my GPS. Yeah? Try using the flight planner, or importing a flight plan fro somewhere else.

Waaa, I can’t find all the frequencies. Yeah? Download some charts or learn how to use your glass cockpit or flight planner properly.

I could go on, but I’ll stop myself.

I’m getting to the point I think most reported “bugs” are self-inflicted, because people who have never so much as sat in the cockpit of a real 152 think they can jump into a jumbo-jet and fly it successfully without a lick of training or practice.

6 Likes

Ha … It’s okay.

Newbies are welcome too :smiling_face:

1 Like

So let me tell you a story. I bought a new car at spring. She is amazing! All shining, full of new technologies and i feel happy all spring and summer. But winter is coming to Russia and i go to the dealer to buy a winter tires but salesman tell me that no winter tires available yet for my car and i have to wait when they be created by car manufacturer. “When i should expect it?”, i ask. “I think in hafl-year or little more”, was the answer. Wow! I need to walk all cold winter instead of driving?
Same here. Asobo create a shining box but they never work on such product like global flight simulator and have many problems. We should excuse Asobo team? No! We pay money after all promises they made. And now we are hostages of situation with patches which releasing without normal QA testing. And you ask for patience? Maybe if Asobo released the game as “Early Access” with reduced price but they ask full price, released game without full beta-test and now all of us is beta-testers. But as beta-tester for many flight simulator projects i used to do this for money. But no in MSFS, they took my money and now i need to be tester. Not fair, don’t you?

3 Likes

They’re finding the right balance. Just look at this thread. Someone is complaining that everyone needs a refund because it’s not doing 60fps at 4k, and others are complaining that it has lost graphical fidelity.

These two issues are mutually exclusive. One suffers with the other.

Don’t ask me why. Ask yourself why you can’t have something exactly like the real world. It doesn’t come down to Asobo or Microsoft. It comes down to the physical limitations of processing power in our current generation CPUs and GPUs.

1 Like

Yikes. Hostages? Nobody is forcing you to use this sim. A flight simulator is not a car. Apples to oranges comparison.

And it’s not like you “sold” your old sims like you’d sell an old car.

If it’s truly this upsetting to you, then why not just walk away? Seriously, there are three other flight sims out there, that would likely give you what you’re looking for, if MFS isn’t doing it for you.

1 Like

I’m a bad example. I use MSFS only for testing products which appears on simMarket. But many people pay for the game after all pictures, videos and etc. Some of them tried to refund for the game after disappointment and you know what? Stema and MS Store not allow refund for 'em. Yes, they can go back to P3D, FSX or XP but what about spended money?

Well said sir! I’m sick and tired of the negative attitudes displayed by some in these fora. Like you I’ve been in Flt Sim since 1985 and have seen platforms come and go. Not one was truly fit for purpose out of the box and not one is as comprehensive and so wide ranging as MSFS. The Devs are working hard to fit their platform to our individual computer systems. If we work “with them” we’ll get what we want. A lot of hysterical ranting will move us on not one jot.

3 Likes

Flew from EGHI Southampton to Gibraltar ladt night. 3.5 hrs in the TBM.

Aircraft much improved and controllable, new sensitivity controls much better, the AP was flawless from takeoff to landing.

I have been very critical of Asobo in the past, with some reason but they have done well this time.

I never had a CTD and the frames were silky smooth with no stuttering at all, not once.

I do agree with the comments regarding the visuals though. In the beginning the waves were lapping onto the shore. Now the just stop dead. The water masks are gone, terrain details are sometimes dodgy, etc.

On the whole though, well done Asobo.

GTX 1070, i7, 16Gb RAM, SSD (page file gives 48Gb ‘extra’ RAM)

1 Like

kids are not at school so on here.
you’ll see its the same people crying over and over again acting like they are above everyone and have some sort of authority.

i recommend the community to vote down these people so the comments they make are hidden.

They should check first how much money they have spend in the past for other sims for nothing.

1 Like

Exactly. Like you, I can trace my flight simming back to the MSFS1 and Sublogic days. Can you imagine how the kids today would react to Pro Pilot, or Fly! if it they were released tomorrow in the state they were originally released? It would be hilarious.

2 Likes