A question of focus

I remember having a private discussion with you about this topic, and I now feel sorry for myself that I refused to believe you at that time. For me it’s been an expensive mistake for sure, and I stopped investing in MSFS 2020 any further back in February 2021, specially around that time when they released a sim update with the flaps bug. I again gave it one last chance after SU5 was released, and after testing it for a week, I uninstalled this video game for the final time. Anyways I sincerely hope that those who care only about scenery, graphics, gaming etc and not aviation and realism will have a lot of fun with MSFS 2020 for many years.

To be fair though, and imo, Microsoft have not done and are not doing anything wrong. They are not selling it as a ‘flight’ simulator. In the store description and many other places, they clearly state it’s an entertainment video game that is now available on their console video game platform. So perhaps it is us ‘flight’ sim customers who made a mistake thinking MSFS 2020 will be as good of a ‘flight’ simulator as XP11, p3d and DCS are? I don’t know anymore.

7 Likes