A VR Success Story- IN PICTURES!

I’m in the U.S. Have been waiting and waiting for G2 to get out of preorder and be ready to ship. On 1/12 I accidentally stumbled across the HP Store site for the G2 (I was turned off by comments forum members made about dealing with the Connection outlet for HP, people waiting interminably on HOLD, etc.).

The HP Store said the G2 would ship by 1/21 when I ordered. It shipped 1/14 and arrived by FedEX Next Day on 1/15. I had a buyer remorse moment thinking, “Why is the G2 suddenly so available?! Did something just get announced at CES 2021?! Is everyone abandoning it because of sweet spot problems, etc.?”

But since I put the G2 on, “Wow! It’s a keeper!” It’s my first VR headset ever. I think with custom lens inserts to correct my less than perfect unaided vision, I’ll be very happy with foveal vision sharpness just around the sweet spot. As a wearer of progressive bifocals as my everyday glasses, I know that one can learn to be perfectly happy with blurry peripheral vision if central vision through the part of the lens you’re looking is very sharp.

As of this moment, the HP Store says a G2 order now will ship on 1/21/21. (although, Whoops!, there’s now a red BACKORDER logo by the “Ships by 1/21/21.”)

HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset| HP® Official Store