👋 A warm welcome to all Xbox simmers

I deleted some stuff
 I guess they force it back upon me :slight_smile:

This is a pain been wating all day

The 29+ gig required update is required to start playing on Series X/S today, alloelw it to install , then you can play. At 10am the update went out for Xbox Game Pass.

Note those who ordered the Thrustmaster controller bundle from the MS store will recieve FEDEX shipping tracking numbers this morning and they will be picked up by FedEx by noon. And recieved by Friday.

1 Like

Please don’t mix PC update comments with the Xbox posts here. This will confuse the Xbox people.
Could you be so kind to only post something about welcoming the Xbox simmers, or your first flight with Xbox here in this thread?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Today marks the beginning of a new era of Flight Sim. Never before has flight simming be made accessible to potentially millions of people all around the planet. Love it or hate it, it’s going to be interesting.

1 Like

Well, glad I have to log into work now. It will keep me busy and hopefully there’ll be access in 8 hours!!

Thank you for the welcome. Is anybody in yet on the Xbox? I’m still seeing the available soon sign. I’m in the UK

2 Likes

Really don’t know if and how they spread the download load across the world. I’ve seen it before that people got it at a later stage than others.
Sometimes logging out and logging back in helps, but I would not know for sure if this will work on Xbox too.

1 Like

In the UK also, still waiting for something to happen apart from the “Available soon!” and spinny wheel. No sign of an update or anything else.

Has anyone got it working (a) in the UK or (b) anywhere else in the world? If so post where!

Reset your xbox,i did this then when you log back in click on game and you will get it

2 Likes

Reset xbox

2 Likes

Great advise!

1 Like

Nice, thanks! I tried restarting the game a few times, it never occurred to me that I needed to reset the whole xbox!

Thank you. My update didn’t install automatically so having to wait for that to sort then will restart. Cannot wait to get going.

question, can they see our planes if we are flying something custom or do they just see a generic plane?

No problem,I’ve had this happen before,if xbox is on all day you sometimes have to reset with new updates

Depends on your settings. In the menu there’s a toggle with which you can show generic planes or the real one. If you don’t have that custom plane installed yourself, you get to see a similar plane. Like font substitution, you know :wink: ?

Only people with the same 3rd party plane as you will see it. Otherwise it’s replaced with a generic model.

ok, thats what i thought, shame they don’t let you “send” a low poly version to people in visible range

Yep, there’s always a ‘shame’ somewhere
 but look at this phenomenal solution:
What I read is that they will try to substitute it for a model that looks like the plane that you don’t have. So an airliner that you don’t have won’t be substituted with a GA, but with something that matches it as closely as possible.