👋 A warm welcome to all Xbox simmers

whaaaa
??? im on pc, its only 20gb

Update: Well it finally let me into the Sim. Great start, however now I’m stuck with no photogrammetry because it’s forcing me into Offline mode. My hometown is now a pile of sand with some trailers instead of the giant office buildings that are actually there lol. I’m guessing it’s because the servers are overloaded or something today but figured I’d post here to see if anyone else is having this issue?

we were just talking about scaring the xbox newbs with reverse flying Cessna’s via the bel 47

im all for the xbox version, a larger user base will onyl bring good, look at the performance boost we’ve had with su5, i whole heartedly welcome the xboxers, if i had a series x/s myself i would be downloading it as well

3 Likes

sorry if I didn’t understand you correctly!

A warm welcome to the bug zone, make sure you guys have you bug spray at hand, cause you’re going to need it!

Well
 not an entirely fair comment at this moment, I think. Across the globe millions of people are trying to get the latest update

But sure, the sim has bugs
 but it’s also a very, very great exerience to fly it!
We just have to be patient until this download peek has settled down a bit

Guys, i have an issue with the game. I pre-order premium deluxe version (and in my profile and in ms store i see that Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Edition (Xbox) Pre-Order is owned).
But during first launch it only offered me to download premium package.
All other packages (deluxe and premium deluxe) are for additional charges!
What should I do?
Thank you in advance

When I had the wrong upgrade pack I contacted microsoft and got a refund. In your case I would do the same.

Then buy again? And lost 20% discount?

So far final is good, had to adjust sensitivities and make custom profile to get rid of a glitch.

All future flights are with thrust master full setup. Mouse keyboard controller combos.

Live stream on Xbox Series X Twitch

1 Like

Loving it no more arcade real sim

First flight was discovery in New York. Quick second was my city.

Couple initial reactions.

1. Options and settings overload
  2. New York looked stunning
  3. Home city not very detailed but enough to spot my work and town
  4. What’s with all the separate downloads?
  5. Need a yoke to become available to truly experience the sim
  6. I hope I have enough determination to truly learn to fly

I purchased the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X kit and hopefully with have a decent experience above the controller. I do hope the PC and Xbox version don’t deviate too much. I understand the PC version will have more 3rd party options but I would hate to see the community broken up. I last played MS Flight Simulator 1.0 and 2.0 as a kid. Didn’t know what I was doing then and definitely don’t now.

1 Like

No, just contact and explain. My experience is that they are quite helpful.

Thanks. I really like your first reaction! And yes, to really get the sense of flying a plane, some sort of yoke is almost a must. Maybe not for everyone, but surely when people, like you, aspire to learn a bit more about flying
Enjoy the sim and post all tour questions on this forum. There are a lot of people here who are ready to help you out!

1 Like

Well that’s a concise answer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: . What did you do on your flight? What did you like?

Wow, just wow

Been waiting for this game from the day it got anounced. It’s amazing. Already did 6hrs of flight in C152. My home town, training places from US, deployement memories from KAF. Can’t wait till my hotas gets delivered.
Hello everybody btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi yourself. Thanks for sharing! Great to read that you’re impressed :grinning::+1:

1 Like

I have a question about controls set up with a Hotas. Do I need to use the Hotas in combination with the Xbox controller to be able to do things like bring up my cursor/menu? I noticed the default controls were the Xbox controller however I’ve made the Hotas the default but having a heck of a time configuring the flight stick to be able to bring up my cursor menu. Any tips/tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

You can use both. People often use the hotas for all things flying and the controller for changing camera views and flying with the drone and such. There’s a world of control bindings to be discovered in the menu. You can set it up as you like. Mostly the defaults will get you up and going, but most people soon will tweak their settings.

1 Like

Awesome makes sense. Now I’m also seeing why some on the console version are also using a flight stick and keyboard/mouse combo :blush: