A310 is unstable on Xbox

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Since SU12 beta released the A310 has been very unstable, sometimes black screens issue appears or other times it just Crash the sim.
I got the DTW scenery by iniBuilds, tried for the first time in the beta and it CTD using the a310, then i rolled back to the current market release and it runs perfectly fine. Now that the SU12 has been released the problem still there, all the time CTD and that was not happening in the last update.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Unable

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Trying to fly the A310 will cause black screens or direct CTD while on the ground or the sim will CTD while in air

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Xbox series S, mouse and keyboard and Xbox controller

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

No

I have tried, very hard, to replicate these A310 issues as reported by various Xbox users during the beta and, literally right now, on final SU12 release.

Try as I might, I cannot replicate the issues. I just took off from KSFO. I spent considerable time at the gate configuring the aircraft, entering my flight plan by hand and taxiing and taking off. Short of some poor FPS and a couple of slight stutters, the A310 has performed exactly as it has for me during the beta ā€” quite excellently.

I included a very comprehensive list of all my Marketplace add-ons in one of the beta threads for other users to compare to. I have not uninstalled any of them and have, in fact, added a few more add-ons since then.

At this stage, I am wondering if some of these users need to completely delete the sim from their Xbox, reinstall the baseline sim and retest the A310. There has to be something going on that is specific to their installs/regions, else we would all be experiencing these issues.

1 Like

No

I scheduled a flight from Paris-Orly to Brussels on an overnight flight. When making some adjustments to the EFB the simulator suddenly closed immediately. By the way, Iā€™m on Xcloud which is quite slow when flying the 310, itā€™s not my connection, it gets heavy when flying exclusively with the A310.

irrelevant

What a piece of trash the performance turned after SU12, i just keep having CTD and more CTD even after reinstalling the whole thing. Sadly will be have to wait like 1 month until they open the new beta for the next sim update.

5 Likes

Yes

Since SU12 beta the A310 had become very unstable. Prior to SU12 beta I had many successful A310 flights with a few CTD. Now itā€™s very rare not to get CTD even at locations without 3rd party addons. Occasionally I manage a CTD-free flight but it almost always involves black screens on the avionics at some point.

I donā€™t have a crash but a poor FPS on ground after landing (XBOX Series X)

I had the best flight ever on XBOX X with the A310 from RJTT to RJFF (add-on) with rain and clouds that have never looked so real. Maybe a little low fps on take-off but RJTT Asobo has always been laggy as it is a large airport. No issue apart from the lack of landing sound which I find a simple tweak but something really important to add.

Had a bug yesterday with A310: during cruise. Instruments freeze, fms is blank. I tried to manually fly to destination. But after a couple of minutes, the airplane went to an uncontrollable dive and crashed.

This is the first time I have this happen. Iā€™m on xbox series s.

Unfortunately, I suspect we wonā€™t see another beta until May. The next ā€œSUā€ (which is AAUll) isnā€™t scheduled until June, and I doubt theyā€™d even have a test version until (hopefully) sometime in May.
Regards

Hello everyone,

To those who are experiencing stability issues (such as black avionics and CTDs) with the A310 on Xbox since the release of SU12, the dev team has asked if you can kindly provide step-by-step instructions describing exactly what you were doing when the crash occurred. Please include details such as if you are playing on Xbox Series X or S, the location and altitude where you were flying at the time, what addons (if any) you were using, weather conditions, whether you had live traffic and live whether enabled or disabled, etc. This is important so they can reliably reproduce the issue internally and determine what is causing it.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

I want to add, here, that I do not have the VFR map enabled in my toolbar. If I remember correctly, there was some suggestion in one of the main ā€œblack screenā€ threads that the VFR map was being linked to the black screen issue.

Iā€™ve never used it, and donā€™t intend to, so it (along with a few other options) are turned off on my toolbar for a cleaner setup.

Iā€™m wondering if that has any bearing on why I do not experience these issues.

Iā€™m trying to provide any input here to help solve the issue.

EDIT: Hereā€™s some examples of such posts. There are others in this same thread:

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™ll be testing the Aircraft and share here all the issues.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not been able to fly out of Asobo RJTT so far. Always get black screens or CTD before takeoff. Series X.

I always program the route into the world map.

I always start C&D and follow full checklists.

I usually switch to drone view briefly to have a look around before I do anything and at other key points such as when loading luggage and before/after pushback. Other than that Iā€™m always in the cockpit.

I fully program the FMC route manually using the MCDU and a flight plan from simbrief (I do not connect A310 to simbrief). I always switch the ND to plan mode to check the route is correct before putting it back on the standard display setting.

I usually use the VFR map to see where I am in the airport and sometimes to check Iā€™ve taxied the right way. Most of the time I have it closed.

I use the sim based checklists in manual mode but I do use the little eye buttons to zoom into the controls a lot since the default quick views on the A310 are not very good. I also just the look left - look right quick views quite a bit, eg. During pushback and while taxiing near junctions.

I always use live weather but Iā€™m a bit of a fair weather flyer. I tend to choose location to fly so I can see the amazing scenery so itā€™s usually nice outside when Iā€™m there. I did try one night flight from RJTT I think and that didnā€™t work either.

This whole process takes a solid hour and unfortunately itā€™s usually near the end that it breaks.

Possibly relevant settings screensā€¦

3 Likes

Kudos RagingWombat for providing so much detail. If more bug reporters followed your example it would help Asobo et al to home in on the root causes.

2 Likes

It appears the only people with this issue (myself included) have the S. X users seem to be fine.
With a heavy airliner, you should never use handcrafted airports with the S, because it usually results in CTDs/stutters even on good, stable builds.

Even on default airports (EHAM, KLAS, CYYZ) the sim crashes. For me, it stutters during preflight, and CTDā€™s when panning the cockpit prior to pushback. I use SimBrief.

1 Like

Mine is series X as I clearly stated. So have others.

Thanks! Iā€™ve been a programmer for a long time, I naturally approach things logically and systematically and try to eliminate variables and find commonalities. I try to imagine possible underlying behaviours and implementations that could cause the observed effects and use that to come up with new things to try.

I also fully appreciate that many people are not generally able to do that, anything involving a computer is some kind of inexplicable black box with weird random behaviours. And when you ask these people exactly what they did they mostly canā€™t remember or get it wrong. This is nobodyā€™s fault, just how different people are.

2 Likes

Just had a CTD.
KDTW-MMMX. Both 3rd party, already flew this route in SU11 without issues. After 4hrs of flight my sim CTD a few miles before TOD, while I was switching cameras i had stuttering.

Multiplayer: on
Photogrammetry: off
AI traffic/Real world traffic: off
Live weather: on

No clouds were near my location

Iā€™m starting to get mad over this lol

2 Likes

Well here is my report of the first three attempts after loading SU12:
IĀ“m on xbox S.
First Flight was EDDL (3rd party scenery) to ESSA (to inspect the repair of runway 26 :wink:) A310. After Cockpit preperation, when requesting push back, all screens in the cockpit went off. I decided to take off with standby intruments only and switched on autopilot early after take off and the plane followed the flightplan. After approx, half an hour -CTD!
Restart of FS and deleting all 3rd part airport sceneries.
Off/on cycle of FS.
Reinstall all 3rd party sceneries.
Off/on cycle of FS.
Second attempt of flight EDDL/ESSA with A310. During taxi out again black screens. When returning to main menu - CTD!
Third attempt of flight EDDL/ESSA, now with A320. Uneventful flight to ESSA (runway 26 now smooth and gentle :hugs:) but when arriving at the gate, again black screens in the cockpit and when returning to main menu - CTD!

I donĀ“t use the rolling cache because it seems to me that the system was running more stable with SU11.
Update:
Next day next try.
Flight EFHK/LPPT with A310.
Uneventful flight until half way down after reaching ILS glide path all screens black in the cockpit. I made the landing with standby instruments only. At the gate I changed to the showcase to explore Lisboa a little bit. I found there all Points of Interest without textures !?
After switching back to external view - CTD!

1 Like

I just had Black screens after I started taxiing in LTFM (3rd party) I was switching between cameras and then after a small stutter I returned to cockpit view and my instruments went off.