A320 FBW vs CRJ FPS

Just curious about your experience. I have done quite some flights with the CRJ and also some with the A320 FWB. For my system, the A320 FBW seems to be much worse regarding FPS than the CRJ. How is that for you?

My system: I5 10600K, 32 GB, 3070, 1 TB SSD M2

3 Likes

Yeah exactly the same. I fly the crj in vr. Its fine. But a320 is tough. Especially with fbw

2 Likes

I remember reading something somewhere regarding the reasons why FBW team made the displays the way they did and that having something to do with limitations of the SDK and them being able to use the default displays. If I’m not mistaken that may change in the future.

For me though the performance with the FBW is still better than the 787. :laughing:

2 Likes

The CRJ does not use Coherent at all, so no JS gauges. That makes it that smooth.

Let’s hope this issue get’s sorted in general, otherwise it will be a general issue. I don’t think we can get many developers if any to work on that then. One single change in the code to test something and you need recompile the whole wasm meaning to wait several minutes…

2 Likes

Same results here running an i7 10700K 32gb RTX2060super and the CRJ is the smoothest Airliner in the entire sim

2 Likes

So I am not the only person. I was always wondering , my CRJ runs as smooth as butter but the 320 is not as smooth

1 Like

Exactly the same.
Aerosoft CRJ is very well optimiced compared the A32NX. I fly both because I love them, but CRJ is for the moment the smoothest airliner for MSFS.
I mean what is related to performance and quality and systems simulated. Flight dynamics I prefer FBW A32NX dev. Version.

When the FBW team manages to optimize the A32NX then it will undoubtedly be the best MSFS airliner, and they will have shown that their mod of the A320 is an excellent project.

I think is very inportant for a simulator where you are tons of hours in front of the screen fly smootly because stutters are burning our eyes and killing our brains.

I7 10700 @4,5
RTX 2060 super 8gb
16GB RAM
1TB SSD nve
600 mbps fiber connection.
W10 21H1
Nvidia drivers up to date.
Vsync: off
Hags: on
Settings medium high
1080p
IFR flights. Always 3rd party airports.
Ai traffic off
Multiplayer off

1 Like

same here, CRJ is the smoothest airliner so far.
made a flight today LOWS - LEBL at ultra settings
max fps :95
min fps : 45
with out a single stutter, smooth as butter the whole flight with G-sync monitor.

1 Like

The CRJ is way smoother because it is programmed in C++/WASM and the default glass cockpits use JS/HTML. It seems that JS/HTML is much more demanding and poorly optimised. Aerosoft said that all complex airliners with deep system simulation have to be done in C++/WASM to get good performance.

Thats why i dont use the FBW A320. It still lacks important systems that i would expect from an airliner simulation and the performance is subpar and will get worse with more and more systems added.
Its free tho and a great effort, so im not complaining, its just not what i am looking for (yet).

ASOBO will move the glasscockpit rendering to another thread in the future, lets see if this will improve the performance.

5 Likes

Same, CRJ is FPS friendly.

1 Like

Same here, FBW run significantly bad on FPS than CRJ in VR, that’s the reason for I left to fly with A20N, hope FBW team fix the issue because it’s a great plane

1 Like

FBW suffers frequent stutters, which seems happen periodically (every few seconds)

I assume that is caused by the garbage collector on the coherent GT for JS/html gauges.

2 Likes

For me FBW a320 has the same performance as the 787 in the cockpit with cockpit refresh rate set to low

2 Likes