A320 goes full TRIM UP after 15-20 minutes

After a marathon complete reinstall today I departed KDFW in what looked like a sandstorm. After climbing to FL280 the plane started to pitch up and the speed dropped to around 220kts. The plane became very unresponsive and struggled to climb over FL300 much to the annoyance of ATC telling me to expedite. No matter what I did the plane would not climb, then I noticed the trim wheel was at +13. I tried levelling the trim wheel but it kept going full trim up automatically. Pressed ESC.

Did a four hour flight before the update no problem. Any ideas what’s going on?

Are you on autopilot or? AI copilot control?

Autopilot, auto throttle.

Hmm. weird… Have you checked your settings again?

1. Flight model has to be set to Modern.
  2. Assists must be Hard/True to Life (except for taxi ribbons).
  3. AI Copilot control must be off at all times.
  4. Add deadzones to all control axis of at least 5-10%.
1 Like

It sounds a lot like ice to be honest…did you climb through a lot of cloud?

2 Likes

Never thought of ice to be honest but you’re probably right. On takeoff it looked like a sandstorm but I believe there was heavy snow in Dallas Fort Worth. There were thick orange clouds up to about 10000 feet which made me think sandstorm. On external views it looked like paint had been eroded but it must have been ice. Thanks.

All settings were good thanks. Looks like it was ice. Note to self, check weather before departure. Thanks.

Or just turn on anti-ice.

If you’re using the A32NX mod. The Upper ECAM will beep and give you warning if there’s Ice detected. Just turn on Anti-ice, and it’ll disappear.

1 Like

Theres a bit more to it than that in this sim as it seems to be programmed a little aggressively. We discuss the icing issues in great detail here:

Please do vote!

1 Like

i have simil ar and more probs with, citation that fli es like a dog hopeless, all boeing aircraft have minds of their own practically impossible to land. absolutely maddening