A320 Rolls left on retard and flare

Every approach leads to the A320 rolling left when you retard power and begin flare at 30ft.

2 Likes

I’ve had the exact same, very frustrating but glad it’s not just me being a bad pilot.

Same for me as well. And there is no way to roll to the right. Even with a full control input.
The only way to get out of the situation is a full throttle go around and a new try.
I think there should be some kind of fix coming.

1 Like

This is even “documented” by a real Airbus pilot here:

https://youtu.be/llww3z69gVU?t=842

2 Likes

I have same issue

1 Like

Also affected by this bug. Landing at Tegucigalpa in one of the last epic landing challenges I have a nasty roll left at 40ft. Full stick deflection barely counteracts it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmfQQ_NGDo Will be nice to see this bug fixed so we can sit her down cleanly.

Still not fixed with the latest update.

2 Likes

Can confirm ^

1 Like

ILS Approach didnt worked. Flight until STAR was ok. At STAR and Approach i had to fly manually

Have had the same problem, makes the plane feel like a brick on landing :frowning:

2 Likes

I have noticed that the ILS frequency doesn’t load automatically anymore. Maybe this is your issue? Once I put the freq in manually it worked fine for me anyways.

1 Like

Try entering direct law mode or whatever turning off the FCTL buttons on the overhead does, and see if that changes anything, if so, then the issue might lie within the built in FBW system.

The ILS frequency and the runway is loaded in the MCDU. The approach is correct in the MCDU. In the NAV-LOG the approach is missing. It looks like the AP follows the NAV-LOG and knows nothing about the planned approach

+1, the A320 rolls to the left on flare. It’s definitely caused by idling the engines, not by the pitch-up action.

2 Likes

Late to the party here - tried the a320 for the first time today - can confirm the roll left on engine idle is there for me to. +1 voted. Surprised this hasn’t got more coverage (unless I’ve missed a post).

1 Like

This should seriously be high on the list, SOOOO ANNOYING :frowning: Happening here too.

Not sure if it´s a bug or it´s just me. When landing the A320, around 100 ft AGL, the handling of the A320 becomes very difficult. The roll is very very lazy and in fact, once the aircraft rolls it´s very difficult to recover. The pitch seems to be the opposite, very aggressive and with a strong ground effect, making it very difficult to put it down. When in cruise or taking off it feels completely different.

Am I the only one who feels something is not quite right here?

9 Likes

Same, very annoying

3 Likes

Everyone feels the same. The only way around it i find is to land at a faster speed. I also make sure I am perfectly lined up and avoid any left right movement when flaring. Hope they fix it soon.

1 Like

I find the landing with the A320 pretty nice… heard the “5” callout today - at the end a pretty smooth landing. Guess it is a bit of practice here.

Or maybe I’m completely wrong. I was never ever flying a plane … So for me it feels good in the sim :slight_smile:

1 Like