A320 Tips & Tricks

thanks for the tip…I’ll try that immediately…going to fly a Tromsø-Oslo flight and oslo-copenhagen

OK here is a link to a work around for that.
It isn’t perfect, but it will work.

1 Like

That’s how it works in real life, not saying it works in MSFS. Hopefully it does…

thanks alot, I hope MS will support multi-legs so far.

1 Like

Checked last night on EKCH/EHAM and then LFMN, but resetting Adirs didn’t work, and what tou suggested to do via the MCDU neither. So IRL, yes, but not in MSFS…yet.
The only thing that did it was just to enter 2 new airports. I typed EHAM/LFMN and it erased everything, ready to enter manually the new route, point by point.

Well that is actually how it works in real life. Maybe I wasn’t clear, I meant that in real life you don’t reset the ADIRS between flights, instead you check the FMS position and update it if necessary via the MCDU instead of resetting the ADIRS.

Changing the origin + destination is indeed the proper way to clear the FMS flightplan and start a new sector!

1 Like

I had to enter 36000 instead of 360 or FL360.

1 Like

I have tested 3 legs by A320N vanilla without any cut off or retry flight plan, and it worked like a charm, perfect auto pilot and flight direction. Maybe Asobo has updated A320N vanilla in silent :smiley:.

1 Like

yes, it works, but you can’t download/import the 2nd nore the 3rd leg from Simbrief or the inbuild route planner in MSFS. You have to prepare them in either Simbrief or the inbuild route planner, write down the waypoints, and introduce them manually in the MCDU.
Well, that’s what I suppose you did ?!

That is more or less what you will do in real life unless the company uses stored company routes in the FMS. Anyway setting up the flight plan / route in the FMS does not take much time normally, in the G1000 / 3000 it might be a pain in the behind as you need to program the route waypoint to waypoint. For the Airbus its should be easy as you can simply select the airways and it should automatically add all the waypoints in between.

Yes, I manually input waypoint one by one into MCDU :smiley:

1 Like

Hi all,
I just tried a flight using the dev version of FBW (freshly downloaded using the app). I noticed several issues and I’m not sure if they are bugs or pilot (me) error.

1. Created a flight plan in simbrief KPDX to CYVR. Saved it to my flight plan folder on my PC. Started MSFS and loaded the A320 cold and dark at the gate in PDX. Did NOT enter the flight plan using MSFS load, entered the plan one by one into the MCDU. Added the TO runway and no sid just DCT to first fix. tried entering the STAR and dest runway. Things just did not look right! the arrival page asked for the runway so I entered ILS 08R, the selected the STAR (GRIZZ6), but the trans said NONE in green. When I inserted this the trans page popped up and I added the PAE from the list. When I stepped through the plan all looked good up to the final turn to the last fix before the runway, then it took me out to a USR point, then sent me back to that point again. I tried to remove the USR point and the duplicate fix, with no luck.

2. Since I was testing, I set the ALT to FL300 on the glare shield and engaged managed mode. Took off, cleaned up, and engaged AP. All looking good, then I noticed that the PFD was showing 17300 in purple as the altitude. Looked through the flt pln and did not see any restrictions. Continued climb to 17300, then had to change to selected mode to continue to FL300. After a while, I changed the ALT back to managed mode. I saw a decel entry in the FP on the MCDU but no “bent arrow” (dunno what to call the descent marker) on the screen. I cranked the alt down to 8000 and hit managed, but it never started the descent. I’ve noticed that the restrictions on some of my earlier flights are all whacked out, an “at or above” restriction is taken as a hard “at” restriction, as is an “at or below” is also.

I an using the Navigraph MSFS data, I wonder if some of the issues in 1 above is caused by that?

No, I it’s not Navigraph.
I have exactly the same issues.
I use MSFS load, and I don’t have Navigraph.

What’s the proper format to enter zfw/cg?

Both are obtainable off the MSFS load manager.
I’m not sure on the default, but with the mod, all you need to do is click the LSK beside the entry space
which will populate the scratch pad at the bottom, and then click the LSK again to fill the space.
ZFW is in kg.

2 Likes

Hi - can anyone tell me if it’s possible to bind the “Enable Managed Altitude Mode” (the push) to a joystick button?

No… there are a lot of functions that lacks the key bind functions… makes it hard to use HOTAS and/or voice attack. I have made a ticket that they really make it possible to bind all functions to keys, but the more that do that the better… The same thing should be a problem for all those who builds home cockpits or use other panels…

Well, the functions are accessible through SimConnect, so it should be less of an issue.

After the engines are started, do you then turn off bleed, turn off APU starter and the close the flap?

Yes. Turn off bleed.
Turn off APU start switch.
The flap closes automatically when APU shuts down.

2 Likes