A320 V2 Simbrief Username Issue

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

A320 V2

Brief description of the issue:

EFB Option Screen Simbrief Username not recognized. Possibly due to containing lower case letters.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to EFB Options Screen and enter a Simbrief Username containing Upper and Lower Case letters using an external keyboard. Entry gets displayed as all upper case. Go to the Home or OFP screen and try to Import from Simbrief. Message that Sumbrief Username not entered. Go to Option Screen.

I have been able to load the Simbrief Flight Plan into the MCDU though by entering the Username on the ACTU screen and ten Request on the Init screen.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Simbrief Username is recognized correctly in the MCDU but not in the EFB > Options page. The error says:

SimBrief Username not set. Check Options Page.

Are you using DLSS?

Here’s a work around!

Enable the onscreen keyboard on the Options page and use that.

5 Likes

I have tried both the EFB on-screen keyboard, and the Xbox on-screen keyboard (with a Microsoft wireless external keyboard attached).

I am able to enter my Simbrief Username - it shows in the username field on the EFB > Options page, and is spelled correctly… The problem (for me) is that it believes the field is “not set” when it is clearly set.

2 Likes

Yes

Message “Simbrief OFP requested” shows but does not load. Checked the username multiple times

no

Are you using DLSS?

no

So you dismissed the usual on screen pop-up keyboard and used the EFB enabled one partially hidden behind it and that didn’t work for you? Sorry about that. I’m on Xbox and my Simbrief Username (Navigraph Alias), which is a mix of Upper and Lower Case letters was accepted first time. Must admit I was surprised as nothing else worked.

Have you been able to enter your Simbrief Username in the EFB and at least get Flight Plan and Winds imported? Hope so as I never had problems with that one, just the EFB.

It seems there are 2 “usernames” in a Navigraph / Simbrief account.

• Navigraph Alias (Username)
  • Simbrief Username (“Original Username”) used prior to Navigraph acquisition

In my case I only have a Navigraph Username, and the Simbrief “Original Username” is “N/A”. If I try to edit the “Original Username” it takes me to the new Navigraph Account page where only the new Alias (Username) is available.

I think the Inibuilds A320neo v2 is mixing these up:

• The MCDU looks for and finds the new Navigraph Alias Username
  • The EFB seems to look for the old Simbrief Original Username - and if it is empty in the Simbrief account, the EFB returns the error “Simbrief Username not set.”

I tried my Simbrief Pilot ID number on the EFB which worked - indicating the MCDU and EFB are asking Simbrief for different fields.

Simbrief-username

Same issue here.

Have you tried the solutions in this thread using the EFB Options On Screen Keyboard.

For me it took the Simbrief Username but others have used Pilot ID

Both of these are work arounds so not marked as solutions. Good luck

The solution is type your username using the inbuilt keyboard instead Xbox keyboard.

did not work for me, only Pilot ID number worked.

Yeah, I’ve tried everything. Whether it’s using the on-screen keyboard, the Xbox default keyboard, or logging in with my Pilot ID or username; it all results in the same error. ‘Username not set,’ even though it’s clearly set when checking in the options.

Frustrating. Sorry to hear that.

One final thought. If you’re using Navigraph I think the username needs to be the Navigraph Alias not any previous Simbrief Username that you might have.

Are you able to enter the Username in the MCDU/MENU ATSU screen?

Go to Account Settings in SimBrief and use the " Original Username" is right from the “Pilot ID”

This finally loaded a flight plan in my browser once I entered the Simbrief Account “Alias” in the EFB Options Simbrief Username!

Yeah, sadly I don’t have a legacy ‘alias’ username, so cant use that one. Tried to enter my ID too, but generating the same error simbrief username not set.

And @CD0139 yes I’m able to put my username in the MCDU/MENU ATSU screen. But that’s not linked to my EFB, sadly.

Thanks for the help but seems were stuck here till an update fixes the issue.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No. Xbox Series X

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

A320neo V2

Brief description of the issue:

Since upgrading to 13.0 yesterday I lost all my MSFS settings (the SIM booted up in wizard mode - do you want realistic scenery etc). I also lost all my flight history. I have now added my settings back in however, the A320neo V2 does not accept my Simbrief user ID - I can enter it but when I try to use Simbrief I get a please set up your Simbrief user ID message.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to EFB settings. Enter a valid Simbrief user ID. Go to flight details. Click on get flight from Simbrief. Error occurs.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Xbox Series X

Xbox Series X
Are you using DLSS?

Xbox Series X

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Are you using DLSS?

On Xbox, on the A320neo

1. on the EFB > Options page > Enable the on screen keyboard
  2. click in the field to enter Simbrief User ID
  3. likely the Xbox on-screen keyboard comes up overlapping the EFB keyboard - you must dismiss the Xbox on-screen keyboard
  4. you should now see the EFB on-screen keyboard - use THAT to enter your ID
1 Like

If that doesn’t get fixed before public release, that is going to be a pain for the populace.

1 Like

Agreed, but at the very least they should provide a list of known bugs with potential work arounds. That might help the few that would take the time to read first before posting.

2 Likes