A320neo v2 - reverse thrust not working

In the tablet I am able to configure my Thrustmaster TCA quadrant throttles without issues. However when I try to apply reverse thrust all I get is idle. Tried to reconfigure but still the same issue for me.

Anyone can confirm?

Yes.

You can work around by opening %appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo\work\ThrottleData.ini in Notepad (or similar) and changing

reverse_on_axis = false

to

reverse_on_axis = true

2 Likes

Thanks, Im just having troubles finding this file :confused: Only location I found the A320 is

G:\MSFS\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo

and there is no “work” folder anywhere

It is in the Packages folder, not the Official folders. Select the microsoft-aircraft-a320neo then the Work folder is in there.

You have to calibrate your throttle and works perfectly. Be sure to set all detents (IDLE, CLB, FLEX, TOGA) including reverse IDLE and reverse full.

Confirmed. First calibration. Works great.

1 Like

No does not work great at all. Airbus TCA Thrustmaster is set to full reverse thrust, but in aircraft you only get idle thrust.

4 Likes

I cant find the packages folder :confused:

It’s in your AppData Roaming folder, nothing to do with the Community or Official folders.

You can open a File Explorer window, then in the address bar, paste this:

%appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo\work\ThrottleData.ini

Alternatively, you can go to

C:\Users<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo\work\ThrottleData.ini

I’ve just realised it might be different for MS Store version. Try looking in:

C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

%appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo\work\ThrottleData.ini

For me it’s correctly set to “true” but still does not work.

FYI, for those who installed MSFS on a drive other then C: (I installed MSFS on my D: drive), on my PC the ThrottleData.ini file is located at:
“D:\WpSystem\ >A-super-long-alphanumeric-number-here< \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo\work\ThrottleData.ini”

2 Likes

Yes, thanks

That fixed it for me. Thanks

Life can sometimes be easier than you think:
You can’t find the ThrottleData.ini file on your drive?

Resolution:
Use the searchbar in your Windows explorer :blush: :partying_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately it´s maybe the wrong thread, but I have the same issue with the A320 v2 on Xbox in combination with TM TCA Captains Pack . As it is Xbox I can´t do the workaround. Is there another way to fix it for Xbox? What I already tried is toggeling the binding from “Throttle Axis 1/2” to “Throttle Axis 1/2 (0%-100%)” and vise versa but without success.

P.S.: Strange thing is: If I use the normal controller and decrease the speed with the button the reverser works as supposed , but with the TCA (calibrated and working acc. tablet) not.

xbox airbus-a320-v2 su15-beta aircraft

2 Likes

try to edit reverse_on_axis = true reload and let throttle stuck to freeze on the reverse max position of animation,

I validate the button 17( a detent in the slider ) at toggle throttle reverse thrust ( hold throttle reverse thrust not working at all ), when slider down to the deadzon-> trigger button 17 (reverse cover open the throttle position of animation is at idle 0 )-> then I have to push up slider to the TOGA position, then reverse max of animation will be happening, that,s really weird, how could I calibrate my throttle device by EFB in this way (when my reverse max=TOGA)?

but in the same setting HWD A339 reverse throttle is normal (slider down to the deadzon = reverse max )

I,m a PC user ~ dose Asobo change the logic of the reverse max ? coz it,s normal before SU15~

HI guys:

just setting your REVERSE MAX at decrease throttle ( keyboard is F2 ), that can solve the issues~

cheers~ happy fly~

You’re not the only one, I also have the same setup as you and have no Reverse on the ini 320 with TCA. Tried both with and without ‘reverse on axis’ in the settings

go to options ->controls options page and try validate the button 17(a detent of the slider ) at decrease throttle, not at toggle throttle reverse thrust or hold throttle reverse thrust )

cheers~

1 Like