A320NX Taxi Speed

Anyone else experiencing excessive taxi speed?, I seem to be taxiing around 30 - 40 knots on throttle at idle, real A320 taxi at idle, but not at this speed, having to constantly apply brakes to slow down or taxi on one engine, come on guys sort this complete mess out, we have all paid good money here.

5 Likes

That’s like the real one. You have to use the brakes. And welcome. And you don’t have to be mad. AND you didn’t pay anything for our mod (A32NX)!

23 Likes

Yes, as mentioned above this is the way it is IRL.
Taxi speed is a bit better (not quite so fast) in the current CustomFBW version of the mod.
It has also been discussed before in several threads.
This is one of the them:

1 Like

Moved this into #community:general-discussion-feedback as the #Bugs-and-Issues forums are for official asobo stuff only

Sorry guys but i have to totally disagree with you on this, my cousin is an A320/321 pilot, its nothing like the real aircraft, he very rarely applies any further throttle to commence taxiing , just releases the parking and the aircraft commences its roll, only if there is slight gradient would any increase be required, final comment from a real pilot, its nothing like real life!. Watsi01, I was not referring to the MOD specifically, its the same on the default A320.

3 Likes

That is exactly what we are saying.
The original poster thought this to be a bug.

I’m a bit confused now.

With your second post you say the totally opposite of your first orig post. Your first post is wrong, your second is correct. And the vanilla A320 (as far as I remember) doesn’t taxi at idle thrust at all. It’s our mod which is doing that (correctly).
You should sort out what you’re complaining about (and also what aircraft), and then come back.

4 Likes

It seems like everyone has that cousin or brother’s uncle’s son-in-law who’s an expert. If the FBW mod is not performing to your standards then maybe you should use the vanilla version of the A320? Problem solved.

4 Likes

I do the taxi with one engine.

2 Likes

Ok, lets get a few things clear here, firstly my initial post was not a complaint, more of an observation from the Norm, secondly when I said sort it out and we have all paid good money here I was referring to the MS guys, not the mod developer.
If you look at the Airbus 320 Standard Ops procedure , maximum recommended ground speed straight line should not exceed 20knts, turns is 10 knts.
Surley, the whole purpose is to have an aircraft that emulates the real model where possible, in every way possible, hence the term Simulator!.

The A320 may initiate a taxi upon brake release depending on a few factors. I don’t really know for the modeled NEO but based on the behavior of the older/current CEO A320 models, I trust the FBW crew have got it right.

For the CEO versions, the IAE engined A320s will roll upon brake release and need no thrust to easily achieve taxi speed, and, will need brake application to keep speeds in check. The CFM A320 will usually require a little thrust to get moving, then once underway, will also require little to no thrust to keep rolling and also may require brake applications. All of this can certainly vary according to weight, etc…

Yes, that’s why you have to brake occasionally. Cause even in an A320 the pilot has to do a few things. What do you expect the engines should do, when the aircraft reaches 20kts? Turning themselves off? Of course the plane accelerates until you use the brake. That’s pure physics, when the plane rolls with idle thrust. And it won’t stop accelerating when reaching 20kts. You have to use the brake.

2 Likes

I think folks have also gotten used to the crappy ground friction models in older versions of P3D and FSX which felt like taxiing through quicksand, requiring too much thrust just to maintain a decent taxi speed.

4 Likes

then ask your cousin about the differences between CFM and IAE engines. IAE equipped Airbuses are ground rockets, CFM are not. Assumptions don’t help anyone. I don’t know the engines and the thrust setting of a NEO Airbus but there are countless NEO pilots working on the mod. All of them must be wrong.

Sort of on topic, what engines are in this A320? IAE or CFM?

PW1000 or CFM LEAP, I don’t actually know which of the two is used in MSFS I believe it is the PW1000.

The LEAPs are used.

2 Likes

Are the King Air 350’s engines also this much overpowerd IRL?

I just took the King Air for a stroll to test out my new custom made throttles, and I had 70kts in no time. (both with and against the wind)

I don’t think my throttle is the cause, since in game the levers show 0% when my throttles are at idle.

The current default A320 in MFS2020 also requires a good amount of thrust to start rolling and sometimes to keep moving. I’ve complained about this since the start of the sim and it seems to have actually gotten worse since the USA update. I’m really starting to think the ground friction on the default is set too high or something.

Overall, the A320 feels underpowered now, including during climb to cruise. Climbing takes forever for me now.

1 Like

It seems to be in all the planes, not just the 320.