A320x with Self-Loading Cargo or PACX

Does anybody use this 3rd Party Plugin and know if it works with MSFS 2020 and the a320x?
Has anybody some experiences with this Plugins and using it with the a320x?

or

https://tfdidesign.com/pacx.php

It depends on what you want. For better atmosphere / immersion, I recommend PACX. Easy to use and you don’t have to do much in the cockpit, most of the phases, the program recognizes by itself.

1 Like

I have been using SLC. Was very enthusiastic about it to begin with and it is still a solid addon, but after a while it got a bit bored of it. It uses FSUIPC to connect to the sim which works fairly well, but I have spotted some performance (FPS) issues when I use it vs when I do not. Frankly speaking, the lack of predictable stability of this sim (for me) may well be more at fault than SLC. Caution is advised when using any addon currently!

SLC is still evolving I think so am waiting to see what else is added. Havent used PACX - might try it and do a comparison.

I would very much like to see a PAX addon which incorporates a flight planning capability to give further purpose to my airliner flying activities.

PACX:
What I couldn’t find out yet: Is there more than one voice / speaker or is it just this one female voice? And is the rest only possible with your own recordings? Or do I have a choice of e.g. a total of 10 speakers speaking the announcements?

The flight attendant is one female voice (no choice). But it’s ok (regarding realism). You can add custom boarding music and custum safety briefings (most people use safety videos from the according airlines and convert them to wav).
You can fill out a form at beginning to give PACX the main information (dep, dest, crz level, etc.). In the cockpit, you only have to “tell” PACX when you turn the seatbelt signs on or off (cause the MSFS has no simvar for that right now). The rest is fully automatic, regarding your phases (c&d at the gate, pushback, taxi, takeoff, climb, etc.).

Add: you will also need FSUIPC for PACX to work. But the demo version (for free) should be enough.

Thank you. I will give this a try!

Please return with your impressions of it once you have tried it? Thanks

I have purchased it today. It is a very nice tool for atmosphere / immersion I think.
Because I dont have SLC I cant say what tool is better, but after one flight with PACX I can say this tool is very nice. You have a nice tool with a good female announcement voice for every state of flight and also you can download yourself a boarding soundtrack (if you want as wav file) and a safety video audiofile (wav) if you do not want a safety announcement always the same with this female voice.

The tool recognize every part of the flight (boarding, pushback, taxi out, takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach, taxi in ) and in whole flight part you get an automatic announcement. Also you can record a selfmade announcement and can play this on every part of your flight.

So I can recommend this tool. Nice one! But you have to download and install FSUIPC7 by yourself.

Thanks for your thoughts! Does everything run smoothly - is there any drop in performance and is it easy to install?

As I test this in only one flight and I set my settings to high (i9 10900k, nvidia 3070) and I do not have any problems with FPS dropping in my flight it is very hard to answer this.
For me there is no FPS dropping with this tool.

Installation: With an installer, no problems. The installer give you a notice that you have to install FSUIPC by yourself. (Important that you install FSUIPC7 - cause this is for MSFS2020!) .

If you install both .exe / installers you are fine and can start the PACX after you start the MSFS with FSUIPC and after you load your flight.

I use SLC with the A320NX and the 787, it works great! I do get a bit bored of it after a while, but for a one time purchase of 10 or so USD it’s really I think worth it. The guy developing it is about to release version 1.6 in a couple days (or weeks) and I’m excited for the future of it.

I wanna try PACX but with SLC I like that I can choose when to send out the announcements and when I can serve drinks / food.

Thanks! Sounds like it might be worth a try

1 Like

If you have any questions to integrate - ask me :slight_smile:

Did you set up your controls to work through FSUIPC as well?

To make PACX working, you don’t have to do anything inside FSUIPC.

no, I only install FSUIPC7 and start the FS together with it so that PACX works.

I’ve purchased SLC in September, more to bake the project than for the actual features.

It’s funny for the first flew flights, but after that it tends to become boring.

Not sure what’s going on with the project. The author had initially planned to release an update on the 1st of Oct, which is apparently almost ready, but it hasn’t got out yet.

So I’ve personally abandoned both their Discord and the addon itself, and I don’t recommend it.

You should, and set up the deadzones and reponse curves.
What an amazing difference it makes to the flight model.
You should give it a try.

I have change the deadzones of all my T.Flight Hotas Axis to 30% - I did this before I use FSUIPC7 because of AP issues - look here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a320x-autopilot-does-not-work/331622/18?u=goldlife2904

That’s great !
You can do the same in FSUIPC, and get much smoother and more precise control from your stick.
You will notice quite a difference.
If you need any help, just PM me and I’ll give you a hand to set it up if you find the interface a bit confusing.