AbadStudios had better get their stuff together!

i hear ya, stinks

It gets better tooā€¦

when they sent out that announcement for the new VIP club or whatever they call it for getting updates, I hit reply to all and told them, I want my files cause you didnā€™t send them all to me and then they finally didā€¦

well people are replying to the reply to all and some of the stuff Iā€™m reading is really blowing my mindā€¦ it is crazy and I think finally posting here has shed light on them and I donā€™t think we will be hearing from them anymore.

Iā€™m still waiting for the charges to hit my bank account and something tells me itā€™s not going to happenā€¦ I think those guys are gonna shut down.

And for those who said it; yeah, you are absolutely correctā€¦I should have googled that studio name, before I decided to buy the planes.

I just wish someone would make a legitimate airbus 380-800.

because I would buy it or download it in a minute and use it all the time.

I just wish they would fix the little problem with the squawk not working at first and the co-pilot would be fixed and also the flight director would be fixed in the game, because it never wants to stay level and also to the things it does to stay on course are quite interesting as well and yes I know thatā€™s a game issue not a plane issueā€¦ I think.

3 Likes

Itā€™s all on their website, that the models are freeware from FSX, merged with Asobo and Flight by wire stuff. See description of the A380, nowhere mentioned that it has its own cockpit :man_shrugging:.

So if someone really pay for this kind of garbage it is your own fault, sorry to say that :grin:.

8 Likes

There are a huge amount of new people to the sim hobby who have no idea what to expect. The old dogs would not be easy to be screwed over but someone who has juet discovered flight sim and reads ā€žA380 for MSFSā€œ will easily be caught and scammed. And Iā€˜m quite sure thatā€˜s exactly what those peeep had in mind. 2 million copys of MSFS by December. A lot to scam until youā€˜re shut down by someone whoā€˜s aware and makes it public. And if itā€˜s only 1000 peopleā€¦ take that times 40.

5 Likes

Itā€™s in the name, A bad

3 Likes

I wanted to say that if you look at the description at there ā€œWebsiteā€, you canā€™t expect anything else.

FlyByWire will probably be the first legit 380 to hit the sim. Sucks if youā€™re just dying to fly one, but youā€™ll have to exercise some patience, Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™m betting itā€™ll be worth the wait.

2 Likes

Yeah I havenā€˜t done that ^^

What theyā€™re doing is even illegal as theyā€™re violating multiple licenses. Hope they get shut down soon.

2 Likes

@DrawyahYT posted a warning on his YT channel about the scam that is Abad Studios. They have ripped the A32NX cockpit into their so-called aircraft, and then charged people for a copy and pasted add-on. Absolutely disgusting! Many streamers have fallen for this scam, such as their A319 and 380 mod. Donā€™t support these scammers by not doing your research - only buy from reputable companies
Sidenote: FBW are releasing an A380 anyway, so youā€™d rather be patient than get scammed. Just remember that if you think something seems a little off or too good to be true, trust your instinct and give it a miss.

Hope you get it all sorted @k8cpachuck.
Happy Flying :airplane:

3 Likes

You should have waited for the amazing guys at FBW to release the 1 they have in production

Fly by wire are developing 1 right now

There is a post and i think a video from FBW just about the A380 that they are going to release if you have not seen it go take a look

Everything with this project and this business are wrong!

Starting from the models they use. VirtualCol (payware one for FSX), Project Airbus (open source for FSX).

Aside from that, they provide all Airbuses with FBW panels and systems. A copy from the FBW project without any permission!

And the worst party of everything: they are selling these planes!

In other words, you are paying for piracy. The models were stollen, the panels and system were too!

Do you want a decent A380? Wait for the FBW project! They are creating a model in the right way!

1 Like

This is jus a scam, their website is beyond dodgy and as mentioned using open source assets for payware.

1 Like

For those after a freeware A380, you might be interested in the following info: FlyByWire updates progress on A380 development for Flight Simulator - MSFS Addons

1 Like

I really wish Microsoft would send these people a cease and desist.

The same goes for several of the websites that have wormed their way into the top of the Google search results for ā€˜MSFS Addonsā€™, at least one of which steals and rehosts authors add-ons without permission on a ad-laden download page. Again riding on the MSFS name to commit piracy.

You canā€™t send a cease and desist order unless itā€™s your own work thatā€™s being inappropriately used. Abad arenā€™t stealing and reselling MSā€™s work. Theyā€™re stealing from other open source works and then reselling it. The creators of the original material are the ones that would have to step in and speak up. MS has nothing to do with this.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure there is a trademark on the MSFS logo and they are using parts of that logo in screenshots on their website.

Iā€™m also sure Microsoft has smart lawyers and if they put their mind to it they could find a reason to stop this.

1 Like

Yikesā€¦I donā€™t think I would trust anything he sent you in an emailā€¦you may very well have spamware on your computer now.

2 Likes