Ability to delete logbook entries

Could we please have the option to delete individual entries from the logbook. Any time I go into a flight just to set up some controls and exit again I get an entry in my logbook which makes it rather messy. Also need to delete the entry I’ve had a couple of times when I’ve gone to the aircraft and things have starting going strange and I’ve had to restart the flight.

18 Likes

Hello everyone.
I have the following question about the logbook. Is there a way to delete individual entries? I have more than enough flights in the logbook where I only created it to familiarize myself with the Garmin GPS and so on.
If someone has a tip :slight_smile: I ask for it. With FSX it was a click on the DELETE button :wink:

Greetings from Vienna, Mike

3 Likes

Seconded.

Also - as you bring up logbook - Is yours recoding your take off and landings correctly? It maybe that my landings are too soft and perfect but many of my flights aren’t registering the landing/takeoff.

5 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly. Mine is 20 rows of garbage and counting.

8 Likes

So much this. Would love to be able to delete entries or even reset a profile entirely. I even got an empty entry with no aircraft listed. Submitted a bug for it but it was annoying me to no end. Had to bury it with other flights.
Still, a simple delete/reset feature is not asking for much.

9 Likes

Agreed. I wonder if this is stored in a text file on the computer or cloud synced. If it’s in a text file, someone will probably find it in no time and we’ll probably be able to edit.

3 Likes

Very much agreed. I would also really like the options to completely reset the pilot’s profile and logbook, or even add slots so it is possible to keep several of them at the same time.

4 Likes

Great idea! I was thinking the same.

1 Like

I would love it if the logbook recorded the correct flight times. My theory is that the sim time is messed up which is why real weather doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Resetting the profile (including logbook) is possible, at least with the Steam version.
Look for a file kh_logbook in the Steam program folder. Delete all files in that folder. Start FS with Cloud sync off (that can be configured in Steam). A new profile will be set up. Quit FS. Then change Steam settings back to Cloud sync and start FS again. Steam will complain that there is a conflict between the Cloud files and the local files and you can choose which ones you want to keep. Choose the new local settings and you are done.

3 Likes

Hi there. For a future improvement, Is it possible to make the pilots log book editable? Perhaps by deleting a file in explorer to clear it, or Shift/Ctrl/Hilite MULTIPLE rows to delete.

My log book, and I suspect all simmers logbooks will look very messy by now, as they test out the new simulator. Thanks!

12 Likes

Another supporting this request.

5 Likes

Lots of people requesting this. I would hope it’s up there on the issue list.

5 Likes

Thanks for this! It worked! I was able to completely reset my profile which is what I wanted. Didn’t have to do the cloudsync part - just deleted the file. I assume making a copy of the kh_logbook, in case someone would like to keep the other one, and then just replacing the one in the folder would also work.

2 Likes

I would hope also that they dont follow the FSX/P3D model where you can only delete one row at a time. The Shift/Ctrl/hilite method didnt work like it did in windows explorer. You can imagine how many entries you get, just starting up the sim to mess with things, and not fly an inch, lol

3 Likes

The ability to delete and edit logs, yes please.

6 Likes

+1 My log book is an utter mess.

4 Likes

Please add this.

2 Likes

Finding no information about the Profile Logbook. I would love to delete flights out of the logbook (e.g. testing the settings, crashes). If I have a guest, I would love to create a separate logbook OR at least, find a quick feature to disable an entry. I want to let my 5-yr old grandson to fly, but I don’t want his flight in my logbook. Have these been addressed or is this something we can hope for?

2 Likes

Me too. I have my logbook hours from previous flight simulators and would love to be able to consolidate them all into this logbook. Also, would love to be able to remove the non-flights when I was just checking out the aircraft.

14 Likes