Ability to load airways in navigation equipment

[Moderator note: This applies to GA aircraft, as well as airliners.]

When manually entering a flight plan into the airliners, you can enter airway names, and it appears to accept them. However when reviewing the actual waypoints on the LEGS page, it does not seem to input the intermediate waypoints along the airway.

The only way Ive had luck with airways, is to import from an external program. This makes flying online an issue.

In the G1000 planes airway selection is simply not an option.

Am I missing something here, or is it as simple as loading airways from the cockpit is not possible in these planes at this time? Just seems odd the the FMS of the airliners will only accept valid airway names for the fixes, but then doesn’t load the intermediate fixes.

Hello, I think that something big is missing for IFR : the airways
Now, we can just do direct to points and we can’t use any low or high airways !

3 Likes

is there any place to enable it? Bad to simulate like that.

don’t you have aervials in this beautiful simulator? if you don’t have airfields it’s a game!

when you select a flight plan, you can choose HIGH or LOW lever airways as opposed to direct GPS in the drop down on the planner screen… i hope you are aware of that… tis already there, and has been even in previous versions… Yes i am aware its not always perfect, and somestimes goofs up. But i have planned and flew such flight paths… and yes it does match most of the time, paths given by simbrief etc.

So please decide what you are asking for so that everybody can understand you.
Airways? aervials?(?) airfields?

4 Likes

Hmm…i would rather guess aervials… - :grin:

2 Likes

Must have explained more sorry. I mean that when you enter in the plane there is no way to load an airway, just you can plan by putting direct waypoints.

airways. example: UZ6, UZ6, UZ2…

The flight plan is only going from fixed to fixed.

I’m sorry I’m using google translator.

1 Like

In the planning section MSFS offers to calculate a path using low or high altitude paths. The results look not that bad but you can only review intersections. I don’t see any way to confirm whether MSFS is indeed using airways for this or if it does have an airways database at all.

I am aware of this. I just wonder if an MSFS will include as airways. Because without airways it is difficult to simulate.

All simulators have airways, how do a simulator in 2020 without airways? lol !!

I am not entirely sure what you expect from the “MSFS having airways”. Airways are connections between virtual waypoints. Those are ideally contained in a database. The MSFS doesn’t necessarily need that database. It’s your aircraft which has to have access to that database if you want to use specific ones. There is albeit nothing wrong to simply connect waypoints to a flight plan. Which you can do in MSFS.

Also not sure how to answer your question. How many simulators are there in 2020 with some airways database included? FSX/P3D is using a navigational database from 2006. By the way there are several countries which already abandoned the idea of airways. Others will follow. It’s a concept which will fade out.

Where did you see that many countries have abandoned airways. Most flight plans are still using airways !

3 Likes

Ya know, those huge highways in the sky!

2 Likes

It’s not flight plans using airways, it is pilots using airways in their flight plans.

For example Hungary abolished the fixed route system completely in 2015. Several other countries meanwhile allow disregarding of routes provided the aircraft can navigate within specific limitations.

The whole world uses airways. All simulators use Airways. Here people who simulate, who are real pilots and are used to make their flight plans using the airways. How does a simulator make me without Airways? Unbelievable!! If I only knew I hadn’t bought it !!

The more you post, the more I am convinced that you have no clue what you are talking about. I guess it is better to get help from others than me. Good luck with that omniscient attitude :+1:

I don’t know what I’m saying? What is it? Route Letters (ENRC) Ever heard of it? So can ENRC be thrown away?

1 Like

Friend Then answer me what are the “ENRC” cards for?

1 Like

It has nothing to do with the aircraft database. if you make a flight plan in simbrief for example and play on FSX, or other simulators it will pull everything right !! fixed and airways