Ability to Share in-game purchases (aircraft/airports) with family members

Asobo/Microsoft,

We should and must be able to share purchased add-ons, aircraft,airports, scenery, with family members that share our Xbox or PCs.

You have clearly made some policy decisions which are influenced by the desire to make the Sim accessible to all and family friendly -eg not allowing weaponry to be visible on aircraft.

So why then having spent on multiple add-ons, one of which was pretty pricey and was mainly because my child really likes a particular airport, why can my child not use any of it, if i happen to be at work. Or the easyJet livery he loves using. I can’t rationalise it to myself so I’ve no chance explaining it to him.

Please allow all family members to use the same purchased content.

No one can justify making duplicate purchases due to a policy decision like that. It feels like customer exploitation.

Yes, Microsoft has the Family plan for Microsoft 365, and Apple has Family Sharing with iCloud, so how to do it is already solved. The more people who can enjoy MSFS, the more of a base you will build!

1 Like

I second that wish.

Sharing content with family members should be self evident, since it is a pillar of the Microsoft XBox account system.
I can family share every XBox game with my wife, and she can create sub accounts for our kids with Disney+,
But sharing MSFS addons i’ve bought since release is not possible. There is a lack of understanding for this behaviour, since we share bank accounts, bed and table, but in MSFS we are forced to buy everything twice for which reason?

And just to be clear i don’t talk about gamesharing between friends, or people outside the family.

2 Likes

Weird thing is today, my son is logged in, I’m not (was earlier) he has access to my planes and airports.. glitch or is this happening elsewhere?

1 Like

Sorry, but i can not confirm this for my wife and myself.
Are you on XBox or PC?
We are on the console and the console in question is my home XBox.

1 Like

@Faloran I’m in the same position as you, but i haven’t had a chance today amongst the sherry, wine present opening and dinner to check if i an replicate it again. I suspect it was a one off

2 Likes

I am on the beta though, are you?

2 Likes

I’m on the regular version, not the insider Beta.
Could be interesting, if it is the same in the next update.

btw. one point i don’t understand, why this has not much more votes. There are only a few Sim-pilots, who play MSFS with their family?!?

1 Like

I love to fly with my son, his PC is sitting next to my desktop. I had to purchase a second copy of MSFS Deluxe for his Xbox account bc it doesn’t support family sharing. Now what? He doesn’t want to fly with me anymore because all my airports and sceneries are all paid versions, but he uses stock airports and planes that come with a Deluxe package. I already spend more than $1k on Marketplace. please let the family share the contents. please

I know, really is unfathomable their policy.

My boy is desperate for a decent 737, so that would be PDMG, but at the price I’m not going to want to install it in his username, and then discover he doesn’t get the value out of it, so I’ll want to install it on my account, and use it with my airports etc…

But then when he wants to go on and I’m not there he can’t, or i need to share my password (which i won’t)

Just exactly what are they thinking? Am i seriously going to buy two copies of PDMG 737 for example? Of course I’m not, so I’m clueless what the point of this is.

Conscious I’m replying to my own thread, but I’m inviting Devs to lodge an opinion on this. Possibly even contact their Asobo partners. Obviously on the face of it two purchases are better than one from a business point of view..

..but I suspect most Devs create for MSFS not purely for financial reasons but because they love the platform and what it can do, spreading interest in aviation and making customers smile.

Prime example, I bought Campout the other week, love it. My young lad who is under 10 does too. However he probably will hardly ever use it, as I can’t justify buying for him as well, and I don’t think he should spend his spending money on it either. Which is a shame..