About Next Level racing motion V3 for simming

that’s good to know, my plan is to keep using my current desk and the computer for when I am not simming so I can do other work but use the chair and motion platform on the same chair.

So i mean when i am not using fs2020 i want to continue to use my computer for other admin work etc but still have the chair and the platform to operate as a normal chair, is this possible?

also as I will be in VR 100% of the time I want to continue to use my joystick and mouse for cockpit interaction so I do not need any other extra stuff expect the compatible chair and the motion platform v3, is this possible to do?

1 Like

Pleased I just found this thread … just pressed the button on ordering the V3 this morning. Plan on using it with a G2 headset as well - it’s good to know that someone has already made it work!

1 Like

Good choice. You are going to enjoy it. I find flying in VR and using the V3 motion makes flying much more exciting. When taking off and landing, it is more realistic. (I already mentioned that you will feel it if you brake to hard), If you pull-up to fast on take-off you will know it immediately. if you have a ruff landing you will fell like you are going to fly out of the chair. I like when I run over a speed bump at a airport. I would have never noticed it if I was not in the motion seat. Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

Please, let us know your impressions as soon as u get it!

Cheers

Carlos

Wilco. Will post when I get it set up and running. Looking forward to it. Will be nice to feel some turbulence … at least it would be if MSFS had turbulence turned on :laughing:

1 Like

where are you based? which country?

"So i mean when i am not using fs2020 i want to continue to use my computer for other admin work etc but still have the chair and the platform to operate as a normal chair, is this possible?"

Technicaly is possible, (not if you use the NLR GTTrack with its chassis) but you should use only a chair on your V3 platform (like their NLR GTUltimate v2), And I´m not sure if it´s appropiate to be sitting on the platform 24/7 in terms of weight and everything. Probaly it is since racing simmers are on it for hours, but I can´t say.

"also as I will be in VR 100% of the time I want to continue to use my joystick and mouse for cockpit interaction so I do not need any other extra stuff expect the compatible chair and the motion platform v3, is this possible to do?"

I see no problem at all. They even sell a small stand to use the keyboard and mouse but a bit expensive to me and there must be other options like a small table :slight_smile:

Cheers
Carlos

thanks Carlos

Yes want to use it as an everyday chair when I am not playing FS2020. So I will be sitting on it constantly.

1 Like

what seat will you use with the V3 motion ?

Ordered the GTTrack cockpit - so getting the racing chair and chassis together. Plan to put this alongside my desk (fortunately I have the space, although I have to get rid of an old sofa which will pi$$ off the dog :laughing:) Outside of playtime, I need the desk and computer for working. I’m in UK.

1 Like

so not getting the V3 motion platform ?

Yes - And the motion platform. Since I wanted a separate simulator cockpit, from my computer desk - seemed like the easiest route to get there (if not the cheapest). The motion platform bolts right onto the cockpit chassis and mounts the chair.

Clayton, you need a cockpit on the V3 platform. GTTrack is compatible, if you just want the chair you can buy the GTSeat alone (500 euros) but you´ll need a stand for the Yoke and rudders anyway.

Cheers
Carlos

1 Like

what do you all think about this?

i was going to use my desk for the mouse, keyboard and joystick.

1 Like

Ahm OK. Then go for the V3 and only the chair (GTSeat is compatible).

And about the Yaw VR I`m not sure of it (I know they are planning a V2 that looks much more solid). I´m quite tall (1,90m) and I don´t think is going to be too comfortable for long flights. Besides I’ve seen it more as a fair attraction, for quick and fun games (combats or whatever) than a serious simming motion platform (but I might be wrong of course).

Cheers
Carlos

thanks for your feeback

1 Like

Hi @clayton41158342

The Yaw actually looks like a really neat idea. I looked at it a while back but I actually was concerned that the amount of motion could be too much. You don’t need a lot to give a sense of moving, and the more range/acceleration you have, the harder it is on the seat, actuators and everything attached! You also need a fair bit more space to use it.

Looks like they do support MSFS now, so it’s certainly one to watch. The V2 all in is about the same price as the NLR V3. The Next Level Racing gear does have a good reputation for being solid and reliable, which was something I thought important.

1 Like

Here in Australia the NLR v3 is $4k AUD plus a seat another $700 so that is $4,700 Australian dollars.

The Yaw2 would be good as I would not buy the additional “yaw” due to room, I would just use the pitch and roll that comes standard with Standard edition.

1 Like