Achievement guide and discussion

meow :cat:
I did have 1 CTD too during the flight near approach too.Forgot to mention that in my report …
Used Boeing plane ,but it didn’t have enough power to get past cruise speed 247 or so ,
while 493 is its max cruise speed. I reported mostely on it in the bug megatbread
& here I included pic Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread - #430 by TripsyTipsy
someone mentioned heat as cause for plane not being able to climb to fullpower & cruise speed. Or OAT;or maybe a cat too
Kittysplittypilotbitty

The funniest/most frustrating one of them all is the “My Way” achievement.

NO assists can be turned on… But you can still let the Co-pilot fly the ENTIRE flight, parking spot to parking spot.

Actually, now that I think about it, letting the co-pilot fly is the ONLY way to get this achievement…

sounds more like the achievement “my way” should be renamed “AI way” then :crazy_face:
I tried to get it by letting AI pilot handle fight from A to Z but didnt get achievement
At least the AI pilot landed the plane with flap & wheels down this time ,but coming to a stop was over the grass onto the other runway :sweat_smile: There seems to be a problem with Ai pilot too that i have to switch it on off for it to proceed.If you let it on all the time the next steps are often not triggered.

Ok… i need a dumb down easy way to complete achieve this… only 3 locked achievements and this gives me the most meowww frustation… i’m only on basic version so i do have 747… do i need to select gate to gate and then let AI fly it? or i taxi myself and let AI fly it on SID… AI is known terrible flying at high altitude… If using other basic aircraft… use repair and refuel method? need help… meow!! :pouting_cat: :pouting_cat: :pouting_cat:

So I saw this tip on another page but to get the Frequent Flyer Miles achievement quicker you need to up the SIM Rate. I managed to get this achievement in around 2hrs.

To do this on the Xbox you need a keyboard of some sort, I used the chat pad that attaches to the controller and set the keyboard binding for increasing our decreasing the SIM Rate to “0” and “9”.

Also be sure to set fuel to unlimited as this will not effect the achievement.

Takeoff as normal, set autopilot, climb to your preferred altitude, up the SIM Rate and watch you plane bounce horribly through the air for an hour and a half lol. When you get 100-200nm from Seattle lower the SIM Rate and land the plane.

Don’t use the AI piloting as they have a tendency to crash when you raise the SIM Rate too high.

1 Like

Nope didn’t get it… set takeoff gate then, landing gate… set ifr… use default ms ifr… manual taxi… takeoff… then… after takeoff autopilot… cancel ifr… then sim turbo to ksea… resume ifr… ksea gave approach… landed… no achievement… i might try vfr direct… then vfr land the plane… oh well at least wasted 1 hour plus and not 7 hours… using the stock neo

Yeah I used the default VFR direct route cruised at FL420 until I was 100nm out then manually landed. Achievement popped when I touched down.

1 Like

Also I didn’t set gates for this one, just set departure from LFBD and Arrival at KSEA.

1 Like

Spoilers!!! I did it thanks a lot from SlowVDub
What i did to achieve it…
Using 747,
Set graphic to Low so my gpu less work,
Set Assistance to True to Life
Bind Sim rate increase and decrease to keyboard (mine 3 buttons on joystick, sim rate, sim rate up and sim rate down)
set departure LFBD to KSEA using vfr direct
Set Weather custom to clear skies
Takeoff manually until cruise level (mine was FL340 less pitching)
Then Turbo sim rate until desired… too fast and the aircraft will pitch up and down too much trying to compensate… try find good altitude…
My Speed was set within tolerance i got 525 TAS higher altitude was slower
Within 60miles stopped simrate or decrease…
Set approach method… then select KSEA to land… upon touchdown , just like everybody says… boom… achievement…
Thanks guy

1 Like

All that cheating was not necessary to me. I was using the 787 just flew all the way (without any AI or other support) within 10 hours and got the achievement.

1 Like

I wasted 40 hours before that… 8hours x 5 tries

1 Like

Yeah I tried doing it the right way 4-5 times but since I’m on Xbox and not PC the console was pausing the game automatically overnight and the 747 was barely off the coast of France so I found a way around that :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

For me, i map a reverse throttle toggle to my button on my throttle… then just thrust the throttle full to engage reverse thrust… the toggle is like a switch… its buggy on some planes… it engages slowly… but on neo its ok i guess… works also on tbm…

Does this still work for the My Way achievement using AI Pilot? When you turn on AI Pilot it also turns on “AI ATC” which changes the assistance settings.

I can’t remember exactly at the moment, but I think there is a way to key-bind the Co-pilot to take control, that doesn’t give them control over ATC. I’ll take a look when I have some time and reply what I find.

I know there used to be before SU5, but whenever you turn on AI Pilot in the top menu now it turns AI ATC on now.

On Xbox i have also one achievement of “flight captain” asking for 1000h in flight… is this a console specific achievement??

Does anyone know if the my way achievement can be done using the Sim Speed up comment like Frequent Flyer Miles can?

afaik, you cannot use Sim Speed or it invalidates the achievement.

Also, @UncleTbag91319 i tried to map a control function as described, but it still activates AI-ATC comms, so that wont work for My Way

No, the pc has 100, 500 and 1000h I think (next to the specific rain, ifr and night ones)