Acknowledgement from the devs?

No but at least you can fly with P3Dv5 :laughing:

1 Like

You are right that way you can fly, we can’t with the xbox emulator.

Wait…what?! This is the strangest comment I’ve seen since the fiasco started last week.

Up on this topic as the hotfix didn’t really fixed a thing.

SIX days out from last week’s disasterous SU5. SIX DAYS. Quote from Asobo, “zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”

It’s afternoon where they are and they still haven’t even given us a small statement. Pie (or worse) in our face.

1 Like

@Jummivana is there any statement of the developers planned in the next few days? It would be great if we have news about the graphic downgrade with Simupdate 5 and the damaged elevator Trimfunction and so on. Please give us a feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She said they were working on a communication.

1 Like

I guess you also need to mention what kind of tweak did you made off the menu vs others whom did not make any change to the file etc? Keeping settings unchanged in SU4 and SU5 the difference seems obvious.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast answer!

Have you seen the latest video interview of Asobo’s Tech Director?
It’s on the Digital Foundry channel on YT, it was released 2 days ago.

He said he is very happy with the July 27th release and extended warm and jovial “congratulations the Asobo team for the great job they did” with thumbs up and all. :slight_smile:

He also explained that their main focus and challenge was to make sure the game could run within the CPU and memory constraints of Xbox series S. He gave some technical details as to how they achieved that.

I highly recommend watching it.

3 Likes

Yes I watched it. Thanks
I can’t believe the developer admitted they dumbed down the draw distance. They said they would not.

1 Like

I’d rather they just get the patch out. I really expected there would be some clarity today after a weekend of nothing. Now we’re well along into evening in France and nothing.

1 Like

That’s the danger of putting “engineers” in front of the Camera - they tend to be a lot more “Open” and “Forthcoming” than the marketing guys !!

I found his openness “refreshing”, and from the PR point of view, he did considerable far more good than others.

Cannot omit saying, the SDK team also gave a very favorable presentation on their Twich Q&A streams.

3 Likes
1 Like

A lot of people people that encounter those ctds need to check their community or any 3party addons, also they need to revert their oc profile

1 Like

These two suggestions have been discussed at length all over the forums. Unfortunately people are still experiencing the same issues after applying the fixes you suggest. Really appreciate you posting this though.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, yes I am aware of that, but some people need to check those stuff before complaining on this forum you know. Not all people here are civilized as you

1 Like

Thank you haha. I agree, there is no harm in reposting. Its just a shame that there are so many fixes posted which cover quite an extraordinary diversity of solutions. I saw one post where someone had applied every solution posted and didn’t fix the CTDs. Goes to show that the base Sim is very sensitive to hardware configuration. For me personally, I haven’t experienced any CTD since the hotfix and I can say that all the CTDs I have experienced in the past were all related to 3rd party add-ons. Which makes me think that perhaps I am one of the lucky few with highly compatible hardware. I must admit, when I built my gaming pc I was quite thorough researching compatibility between the components. There are a number of websites that allow you to do this. I think it’s worthwhile for anyone designing their rigs.

1 Like

Hello! I posted in a similar thread here that applies for this thread as well. Cheers all! Please Open A Communication Channel - #8 by Jummivana

1 Like