Acknowledgement from the devs?

You can fix this yourself. The following mouse bindings should have been assigned automatically by Asobo in conjunction with the new “lock” mouse interaction system in SU5, but that apparently did not happen.

In the controls menu for the mouse, change the filter from “assigned” to “all” Do a search for “cockpit interactions”. You should see several options. Assign your left mouse button to “primary”, and your right mouse button to “secondary”. Assign mouse wheel up to “increase” and mouse wheel down to “decrease”. Save your configuration changes.

You should now find that all VC controls and knobs can be manipulated by the mouse.

Thank you very much.

The moving the mouse right or left is erratic and unusable.

I’ll ty the wheel after changing the options you identify.

You don’t need to respond to this but I’m curious as
to how you know this.

I saw another post yesterday that detailed what to do. I forget which of the many new topics that have arisen in the last two days had the info. It might have been from someone who was in the beta program.

Asobo should have assigned these bindings by default to the mouse, as the new “lock” system won’t work correctly without them. Perhaps it got overlooked in the rush to get SU5 out of the door on Tuesday.

I did try to assign but did not know what to assign to.
I couldn’t find a plain decrease. Just the one that
had “Lockable” on it.

And I didn’t know if the increase with "Lockable on it
should be assigned.

Edit: I see that I assigned the wrong action for Secondary.
I’ll move it from the one that has Lockable on it.

I sure hope this “hotfix” will fix things so I can at least finish downloading the update from the 27th. I was able to run the update, it downloaded 6 gigabytes then froze a little after noon on the 27th. Since then, no amount of reboots and attempts to finish downloading have done any good.
The update screen loads, shows that I have 34.21 gigabytes remaining to download, so I click the button to proceed and it acts like it’s going to do something but just hangs, with not 1 byte of data coming through and the white progress circle in lower right corner sits motionless.
Task manager shows the flightsim is suspended, or not responding. Seems to alternate between the 2 some.
I know a ton of work has gone into this program and its amazing. I’m not here to bash the developers or other users. I’m a patient old guy with better things to do than that. But it has been frustrating. I did put in a support request, and while waiting for a response I’ve been reading the forums and considering my options. Perhaps uninstalling the sim from Steam, then reinstalling it might help. I’m not sure at this point so I’ll wait and hope I see something positive happen. I’m sure the Dev’s are working their fanny’s off trying to fix things. I’m excited to see how it runs once the fix is released, IF I am able to finish downloading the update.
IF I can’t download the update to begin with, how will anything fix that for me? I"m crossing my fingers it just will.

Not sure what the difference is between primary/secondary “lockable” vs. just plain primary/secondary, but the latter is how I have my assignments, which appears to work.

Unfortunately, one of Asobo’s major weak points is failing to provide any kind of documentation for new features like this.

2 Likes

You don’t need to uninstall from Steam, or at least I didn’t a while back when I did a reinstall. Both the Steam and Xbox versions use a “small” stub loader that gets you to the actual download/update.

Make a note of the file name that the download is hanging on, abort the download, delete that file, and try again.

If all goes well the program will pick back up, download the file, and continue on.

Please, if that helps, let us know.

it’s worse

Now, that’s an on-target response, right there. Well said, sir.

After 20 plus Sim cashes to desktop and trying many different things like a clean install I figure out what was the problem. I like to use a plug-in called “FlightShare” and I always have the FlishShare map open. Then I decided not to use that third party map and bingo! The Sim is not crashing anymore. I can use my yoke and panels just fine. The Sim loads fast, all the menus load quick as well and is running very nicely.
This third party stuff is just a pain!
My advice is try to run the Sim without any extra third party apps.

2 Likes

The other thing that I did was to deleted the existing rolling cache file and created a new one. I think the Sim has been running a lot smother now.

UPDATE: I did another flight with “FlightShare” open and the Sim did not crash.
I think what fixed my problem was to delete the rolling cache file.
Try that to see if it helps you as well.

1 Like

You might find that the hotfix may fix this. Let us know if it doesn’t.

Yeah this is a really good point. I did this although I noted that SU5 actually created a new rolling cache on my C drive so I had to manually delete my rolling cache on my FS drive. I have seen that this fixes the stability issues for some so thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

Pity we can’t revert back to the previous build problem solved

1 Like

Many thanks to the developers. They did a wonderful job. The performance increase is fantastic. We got a new simulator.

I also encountered errors. Will be improved, everyone calm down! Most people here are dissatisfied, malicious.

In closing, a big thank you to the developers!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say most are malicious. It’s great you are having a positive experience. Many are not. This thread contains a lot of useful advice for those of us having issues. Indeed there is a lot of frustration but since it’s a general discussion topic I think it’s fine for people to express their views without criticism. There are many other threads congratulating the developers so it would be great if you could share your positive experience on those too. Have a great weekend. :grin:

Nope. Assuming they aren’t total planks, they’ll have noticed an uptick on Zendesk and the forums of CTD problems in excess of normal updates. They’ll have been working on this since Wednesday. I do think they should have acknowledged it though.

2 Likes

Something to check. I noticed this behavior once before and had to delete and re-initialize my rolling cache too. My C drive is a SATA SSD but my sim drive is an m.2 and 4x faster.

Thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

Absolutely, and I’d like to add like other people have mentioned the performance and loading times are a lot better after the Sim Update. Kuddos to the Asobo devs team!

3 Likes

Lol, half the complaints since SU5 are that the graphics are worse because it was downgraded for Xbox, but sure, the Xbox also gave us 40 gigs of eye candy we don’t need.

2 Likes