Acknowledgement from the devs?

No problem at all mate. Hope you’re all having a nice weekend.

this is what i am saying all the time, adddons are the cause of most ctd’s.
with a game so much in development with big changes, be carefull with addons.
for me no ctd at all with this update.

1 Like

How do you know it’s the cause of most CTDs?

1 Like

Most users do not have issues, which means the software in not flawed… however bugs on certain machines with certain configurations and perhaps certain extraneous downloads do exist and are showing their ugly heads. This is very complex software, the developers will get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

But MS owns Xbox, the own the Xbox OS, it’s “their” game. STILL issues. No more excuses for them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs are working overtime this weekend to fix the bugs and determine what went so horribly wrong. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we hear something from the team early next week once they have a clearer understanding as to what went wrong and what they’re dealing with.

I’ve had problems with the sim such as CTDs and poor graphics but looking at how far the sim has come in a year I remain hopeful that Asobo will fix these issues and everything will calm down in the forum.

I wonder if people forget just how complex a flight sim is and as a result bugs are inevitable.

Please Asobo ignore the minority who have been downright nasty at times as they don’t speak for the majority who have remained polite and courteous.

Exactly how far has it come? I am trying to convince myself that I have just as good a value today as I did the first day I played it. I just am not coming to that conclusion.

1 Like

Bugs are simple…faults and CTD when clicking fly and not being able to use the sim at all are completely different and extremely frustrating for customers.

hahaha, agree with that! seen it first hand :smiley:

Just completed a 18hr Flight and no CTD. Am I the exception. I’m sure people getting CTD are having conficting issues in their community folder. Liveries was one of the big problems I was having. When MSFS looking for textures and it can’t load an old texture it will CTD. People either need a clean community folder or wait for devs to update liveries/mods

You’re sure? Really sure? They are many of us who have absolutely nothing in community and still have random, very random CTDs. Add-Ons can cause problems, but there is something else going on after the downgrade called SU5.

2 Likes

This is particularly true at my work.

I sorted mine out went back to a real flight sim P3Dv5 :+1:

No, this is not the case.

3 Likes

Nope that’s utter nonsense!

4 Likes

For me it was having Simlink running in the background. I closed it and disabled it from running at start up and that solved my CTD when clicking fly. I just didn’t realise it was set to run at start up. :person_facepalming:

Already but you cannot play 2 games on the same pc with the P3Dv5 instead we with the xbox emulator for pc if

I’ve done a handful of flights since SU5, all with FBW A320. No CTDs and the SIM has been well behaved and noticeably smoother.

That said, I would also share others’ comments that the graphical quality does seem to have taken a bit of a downturn. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but cockpits seem a bit more “noisy” to look at and I have to zoom in more often to see detail. Last night, for the first time, I also noticed that the clouds looked a bit…well, naff. Perhaps “cotton woolballs” were they order of the day for those weather conditions, but it didn’t look great to me.

Enjoying the performance and hopefully those who are having CTDs get fixed soon and further tweaks can be applied to the visual quality without removing too much of the recent performance boost. Still feeling positive.

Try turning off “Bloom” if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Thanks - will give it a go :+1: