Acknowledgement from the devs?

OK, let’s say it’s not correct. The problem is, with they’re latest update, that’s how it makes me feel. They must be doing something wrong

trouble is hard to belive when we cant get so much as a " we know theres issues were working on them " from em, so to sit back and think they would care enough not to down grade us in favour of extra sales on a console when they cant be bothered to address a MAJOR issue were having atm makes it extremley hard

1 Like

Yes, the problem is with the latest update. Trust me, they are reading everything ATM trying to figure out these issues. This is the last thing they want to happen. Its hard to go through especially when everything was good prior to this.

I just look forward to a fix

Yes, and most here including the developers feel your pain. Their job is to now to fix the issues.

Just so that I can rest assured; how do you know this?

2 Likes

Completely agree with OP. As for the sycophants making excuses for poor communication and an even poorer update: you aren’t helping Asobo, the reason people are showing their disapointment is because they love the game and want to improve it (there is a reason big companies pay money for product feedback). The manner of these complaints are not abusive or personal and are highlighting a very clear issue.

3 Likes

Maybe they hired someone from CD Projekt Red LOL

4 Likes

At least there where no CTD for me.

your missing what were all on this forum for…answers, we dont want speculation or maybe this or that we want assurance from the horses mouth that their working on it, no one can be sure of anything when no statement or any form of communication has been released

2 Likes

People need a little bit of patience at the moment. Things will get fixed. Its a very similar situation to when the sim was launched almost a year ago. It was a bug ridden mess that CTD very often. By late Autumn it was mostly fixed and people forgot all about the problems. It’ll be similar this time around. Asobo will get things sorted and once its all bedded in people will move on and forget the problems and just enjoy being able to fly with decent FPS in most situations.

A big part of the problem is Asobo over hyped this update. They perhaps shouldn’t have promised the world with it in quite the way they did.

Absolutely… I want to know that the money I have spent on this has not been wasted! hahah.

2 Likes

na mate im with you and theres no haha about it, £110 to microsoft might not even registar but to us it is a huge amount of money to part with, add the joystick and extra hardware most of us had to get it is a very serious amount of money so we are well within our right to get a little hacked off when 2 whole days later still nothing from them !

1 Like

If I had a $100 every time someone has said this over the past 11 months or so I’d be rich enough to hire my own team and do the ruddy thing properly myself!

4 Likes

Until the September update when the graphics took a nosedive and we had a similar situation as now. Some of those topics are still going strong with no resolution.

Looks like we may have finally had an official response about current issues, buried at the bottom of a post about abusive behaviour.

1 Like

Can you imagine being an xbox person and you decide to check out the forums? It’ll feel like a tornado hit them lol

For anyone that missed the “acknowledgment”… https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/policy-on-name-calling-harassment-and-threats

1 Like

Love your positivity (truly)… and you’re always willing to listen, which is appreciative, versus just saying “oh you’re negative” or worst yet “I don’t see it, so you must be wrong”. This update clearly has a lot of issues just by seeing the amounts of “negative” threads and comments - may be the biggest amount of people on forums writing than I’ve ever seen. There are also several posts/threads of people LOVING the update.

That said, a lot of this would be somewhat minimized or helped if there was a bit more communication from MSFS. Hoping the weekly dev blog post will have some updates and some details. Communication always goes such a long way, especially with trust. Just my 2 cents.

Finally, I think someone said it best – there are those who love seeing higher FPS and then there are those who would rather see better visuals and more consistent visuals, which is what MSFS was known for, at least as I see it. It “seems” (literally this is just a guess from me, by no means meant as factual) that those with higher end rigs gaming in 4k ULTRA don’t see the update as “good” as those with mid-range or even lower-range rigs who sim in 1080p or 1440p seem to really appreciate the performance via FPS. If they can just find a balance between the two, this will go a long, long way.

There’s also a big experience difference with those who fly airliners vs those who fly GAs and I’m not an expert to fully understand why there’s a difference, but that’s just going based off the threads lately.

Outside of visuals, the constant CTDs and just random bugs, like the altitude and live weather bug that is so prevalent in this update, just have to get fixed.

UPDATE: it appears some hotfixes are on there way. Thanks @ForbidMite6 for the link!

1 Like

I know. I do feel badly for the newbies. Those who’ve been here since the beginning know it’s 2 steps forward, a step backwards, 3 steps forward, and so on and so forth. It’s been out just 2 days, we need to be patient (including myself)

1 Like