Add a Classic In-Flight Menu

Thanks for that Nyx1819 and great idea for the Toggle Pause.

I too should be thinking about a wish list but I keep promising myself to write stuff down but end up forgetting to only remember later. lol

Though I do wish there was a way to also Save or Export or Import Profiles be it Keyboard Mappings or Joystick Profiles so users can quickly import their past mapped profiles.

Im tired of having to remember FSX or XP11 keyboard profiles to only have to try to modify them. Is there a Universal Keyboard mapping for Flightsim in general would you know? Either that or import and export those mappings would be nice to have too (imo).

I agree with you, but I remind you that it was entirely thought in order to pass it on xbox, with minimal transfer moves, I don’t think they change, because it’s the whole interface that should be reviewed, I don’t think it’s normal just for this walk in the home page menus, that the Gpu is at 100%, but it’s like that 100% 3D interface :frowning:

Someone in discord mentioned if you disable the map from the toolbar you’ll see an increase in fps performance. I tried it and it did seem to work.

I know that’s a little off topic but your post reminded me to share that with people since you were talking about the toolbar.

1 Like

use the pause key on keyboard for live pause. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now we are really getting off-topic (Bad mod Bad… slaps own hand). That pause freezes your plane but not your control inputs, so you can cause your plane to crash the moment you turn it off. Take a look at this for anyone who wants to know the difference between the three pauses.[HOW-TO] How to actually PAUSE the sim!

2 Likes

I’d be fine with the new menu system if it included some of the items missing from the old menu. Like others have said, being able to access aircraft and world options without having to end the flight should really be there already.

3 Likes

I don’t agree, I like the new modern menu.

I do think we need an option to change planes in flight without having to end flight.

Agree. The current menu is too big and god fox Xbox, but not for advanced/hardcore simmers playing on a PC. Ate least give us an option to scale down the interface, everything is so big now.

3 Likes

We also need the ability to flight plan without going back to the main menu. I would like to do multiple flights without exiting the sim.

1 Like

Agreed the old menu well looks old and clunky, sometimes it’s time to shake off the dust and learn to use new things. I get you want some of the old options there, fine, hope they add them later for some of you, but I personally like the new system.

Perhaps they should have the option of “classic” look and “modern”? For the die-hards out there.

There is an option to scale down the interface… does it not work with the in-flight menu?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I have scaled my interface to 85٪ and it looks amazing, thanks Asobo:). But I’m fairly sure the inflight menu hasn’t changed.

Please: where is the “Menu” that there was in the top bar of FSX when playing in “Janela Screen mode”? Bring it back, please !! It was so easy to use.

1 Like

Enable Developer mode?

2 Likes

This is almost that…but! Tks for help.

I am not saying the new menu is bad, but it appeals to some users and not others. My suggestion should be easy enough to implement and it lets people choose the menu they want.

The other advantage of the right-click menu is that you can have shortcuts to camera options, without the need to open the camera menu :slight_smile:

1 Like

The toolbar should not appear any time the mouse is moved. If anything, it should only appear if the mouse is moved into the vicinity of the toolbar. The best option is to make the toolbar toggle-able with a key command. Having the line appear any time the mouse is moved is incredibly annoying.

10 Likes

Totally agree, this should be at least configurable. It would be nice to be able to make the toolbar invisible unless a key is pressed.

2 Likes

Agreed. Not being able to turn it off is very aggravating.

2 Likes

Agree - it was very noticeable on videos I saw before launch. It’s less bothersome in game, but it does keep spoiling my screenshots. I have to remember to wait for it to fade away…

2 Likes