Taxi Navigation Ribbon - Toggle

I love the taxi ribbon; it was fantastic in FSX and has been useful in MSFS.

I have one request with the ribbon. Please give us easier access to the toggle setting. I should not have to go two or three layers deep into the menu when I am taxing. FSX had an option in the ATC window whenever you were taxing and had been given instructions, this would be a simple but fantastic QoL improvement.

If you want to add one extra layer to this feature request, if my classic menu idea was implemented, a simple toggle could be added to the menus there instead of the already overcrowded ATC menus.

19 Likes

Great request. Sometimes you only need it on for a few seconds to get an idea of the taxi route.

3 Likes

I also agree on this because it gets bugged often for me, every time after taking off I still see the POI marker

1 Like

I’d vote for this too, often handy for a quick look and pretty overpowering otherwise.

However having to dig deep to switch it isn’t great.

1 Like

This needs to be done!

1 Like

:+1: Plus one

1 Like

Great idea

1 Like

This would be great. Also it would be nice if it could be made a bit less obtrusive.

2 Likes

Can agree with this. As an add-on to you idea, maybe scale the size of the markers down a bit and lower them closer to the ground while in smaller planes

If you taxi in the Icon A5 for example, the markers are at head height and almost the size of the aircraft

3 Likes

This is a no-brainer! Having to pause the sim to dive into several menu layers to turn the Taxi Ribbon off is sort of ridiculous for a real time simulator. Or have it disappear once your wheels leave the ground, rather than follow you like a UFO all the way to your destination.

2 Likes

+1 This feature was already requested during Alpha stage but hopefully the developers will listen to this request.

1 Like

This is available in FSX and P3D please add the ability to assign a button to toggle the blues arrows on and off

2 Likes

I completely agree with this, even when you are flying IRL you can request a progressive taxi from tower/ground control if you are unfamiliar with an airport.

1 Like

I’ve seen similar topics elsewhere, but not here. It would be nice to have access to the Taxi Ribbon via the ATC window like it was in previous editions.

1 Like

I agree with this that a quick toggle would be nice, especially at big airports. You can turn in on in the game menu by hitting escape and turning on the assist. For now, I just leave it on.

1 Like

They do need to be much smaller… plus it seems sometimes when at the runway they face the wrong way …instead of pointing to the actual runway… anyone else notice this?

1 Like

Yes I’ve had this

Also agree, they need to be small and also lower to the ground

Try using this with small planes, you literally taxi through the arrows

1 Like

Yes. A toggle on / off and re-sizable and a color choice.

2 Likes

Last night the taxi ribbon wanted me to taxi via the runway running parallel to the taxiway.

Please add functionality to toggle taxi ribbon on or off, from ATC window just like in FSX and Prepar3d. Currently you have to exit the sim and go back to the main menus etc… That’s very cumbersome and unnecessary.

4 Likes