Add a Classic In-Flight Menu

Enable Developer mode?

2 Likes

This is almost thatā€¦but! Tks for help.

I am not saying the new menu is bad, but it appeals to some users and not others. My suggestion should be easy enough to implement and it lets people choose the menu they want.

The other advantage of the right-click menu is that you can have shortcuts to camera options, without the need to open the camera menu :slight_smile:

1 Like

The toolbar should not appear any time the mouse is moved. If anything, it should only appear if the mouse is moved into the vicinity of the toolbar. The best option is to make the toolbar toggle-able with a key command. Having the line appear any time the mouse is moved is incredibly annoying.

10 Likes

Totally agree, this should be at least configurable. It would be nice to be able to make the toolbar invisible unless a key is pressed.

2 Likes

Agreed. Not being able to turn it off is very aggravating.

2 Likes

Agree - it was very noticeable on videos I saw before launch. Itā€™s less bothersome in game, but it does keep spoiling my screenshots. I have to remember to wait for it to fade awayā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, the tool bar must be removable by an option in the menu

2 Likes

I concur. Need the ability to click it off or on.

2 Likes

Hi @SN0WY33 Does this kind of cover your request? Add a Classic In-Flight Menu

3 Likes

Somewhat. Iā€™m not sure if you were an FSX/P3D user, but a toolbar could be toggled on off by using the ALT key.

Right now, a similar toolbar appears by just moving your mouse, which is unwelcome behavior.

1 Like

I was an FSX user until about two months ago :slight_smile: I was proposing a toggle in the game settings that lets you choose between the new menu layout, and the FSX menu layouts (top navigation, and right-click menu).

Take a look through my post when you have time, if you feel I am suggesting the same thing, let me know and Iā€™ll merge our threads to help consolidate the menu request.

1 Like

Ah I see now. It wasnā€™t loading your very original post.

I was actually asking for less. I just want to be able to toggle the existing menu off so it doesnā€™t appear every time I move the mouse.

Your idea is even a better option though! I would definitely prefer the top menu. Feel free to merge them.

2 Likes

In fact you can scale it down in the options. It affects the options menus, ATC, etc. But the massive toolbar remains the same.

100% agreed. It was so simple and functional. I miss it so much. Visualizations, replay, controls, instruments, options, add-ons, etc., etc. Everything was there. We just wanted a more real FS ā€¦ not more confused. Iā€™m sad about so many changes. I hope to get it back to us as soon as possible.

I would like this to be something available to users, and togglable like it once was, but isnā€™t this technically available with the developer mode, at least in some capacity?

1 Like

I realize that this is the newest sim on the market and Microsoft/Asobo wanted to make a splash or a statement with the user interface. And there is much to be impressed about with this simulator.

What I really miss however, and I think would greatly improve the playability and ease of accessing functions is to have those great pull-down menus that earlier Microsoft products and other sims like P3D make such effective use of. EVERY function is available at a simple mouse-click. Thereā€™s no need to go through awkward manipulations and a long reload of huge data files just to make a change to some basic settings.

P3D has been my sim of choice for years with its stability, menu driven ease of use and support for multiple screens for the cockpit builder. What I have never liked about P3D is its bizarre and mystifying non-entertainment EULA. At least Microsoft are honest about who the end user is.

As I explore this newest product the stunning graphics quality and immersion of FS2020 may convince me to adopt this as my sim of choice if ease of functionality through menus becomes available.

'nuff said.

Thanks for a marvellous product.

Don Whyte

1 Like

Yes. When developer mode is enabled the developer menus show up in this style.

Hereā€™s the thingā€¦

Game: an activity or sport usually involving skill, knowledge, or chance, in which you follow fixed rules and try to win against an opponent or to solve a puzzle.

Simulation: the production of a computer model of something, especially for the purpose of study or education.

Itā€™s not about how it looks, itā€™s about functionality. Anyone who has been involved with simming (not gaming) for longer then three days knows that this sim is seriously lacking in functionality. It may be way more complex for the average gamer, but, hay, youā€™ll get used to itā€¦

1 Like

Intuitive navigation with some degree of visual ease is paramount in great software design, and leads to a much more pleasurable experience. It likely will make you want to use the software more. What a thought! :slight_smile: A great sim, designed for the X-Box, well thatā€™s just plainā€¦