[ADD ON] : Camera Headtracking

you looking only a bit to left or right, the movement is translated. You only need to look ~20-35° to right for a full right view in the sim

1 Like

thank you.
Yeah i have read this days ago. But cant find any .apk, its not in the android google play store??
I see im your text 4 white boxes. Are this censorship?

He gives instructions on how to join his beta program and download from the Play store here: https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/in5aw3/thanks_to_your_encouragement_feedback_ive_turned/g459plv?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

make sure you open the link from your phone. It took 2 minutes to get the app.

yeah, looks like the forum censored the word “d.a.m.n”, lol. Morality is strongly upheld here, lol.

1 Like

I’m intrigued by this. But what good is turning my head to the side when the monitor remains directly in front of me? Surely multi-monitor or VR is more natural.

1 Like

yeah i got it. But cant download the app because it dosnt support my device?? i have a huawei p10 whats wrong? Do i need something like faceid on iphone? haha

Ah, yes. that might be it. Only phones that support the Google AR framework are supported. there’s a list here:
https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices

I assume other phones don’t have a high-definition enough camera, or a powerful enough processor to accurately identify and track your facial features.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and it works.

1 Like

the author writes via reddit:

FAQ: "How do you see anything when you move your head? I don’t get it."

Answer: Your head movements are exaggerated so you keep your eyes on the screen but only need to slightly move your head - it’s way more intuitive than it might sound at first.

2 Likes

Thanks! I may have to try that.

Windows Camera sees my webcam, but AITrack v0.6.1 doesn’t. Anyone else have this issue? Do you need Opentrack running first?

Got it working. Amazing!

Well, it kinda works.

Currently its a bit jumpy, but I am working it out. I have two web cams, one monitor mounted, and the other free standing, and positioned at the bottom of the screen. Ive not yet worked out which is best, one is 1080p and seems to struggle to connect some times, and the other is 720p, and that seems to be the most stable. On occasion both camera seems to be the same number cam displayed in the app… cant figure that one out but I do have one camera connected by USB C and that seems a wee bit dodgy.

When its working, Its great to be able to turn my head to one side of my Ultra super wide screen and see out over the wing, and then the other, with out having to move the stick hat, and loose the focus, and zoom. For those with an Ultra super wide who are suffering with the image bending in the outer edges this defiantly detracts from it.

I’m struggling with the odd really quirky jump in the positioning, and have tried a couple of the filter settings. I think Hamilton has the best smoothing. The next issue is to be able to sit high enough in the cockpit and see over the nose with out having my head right up there and not be able to see along the wing in the 172. I used to hit the up arrow twice to get me the ideal position, but now that’s not working.

To say its not worth the try is silly really. Its almost there, its an extra something and with no real drop in frames, or playability, the immersion value is really something.

But initial feedback is pretty good, the more if use it the better it feels, but its a little way of being acceptable for a long session, and that relates only to my setup, nothing in the practicality. or the way the apps are performing. Its all me thats at fault here I think.

Both apps seem to communicate well, and the set up and connectivity was pretty straight forward with out reading any read mes etc…

Thanks for posting and sharing.

2 Likes

okay, too bad :confused:

It is working like a charm tonight!!! SUperb.

I just did an hour plus flight from Socal up to LAX, and did a lap of the see front, landed on 25R, taxi’d through the airport to the North West parking and it was an absolute charm. Awesome!!!

If only I could post screen shots it would be great to share.

Yep, it works with mine !
I use Droidcam.

I hate you cartman
xD

1 Like

Hi everyone…i just got my new webcam…downloaded all the stuff needed…opend flight sim…and…
it’s going all over the place…i was very confused in setting up the options in opentrack, like yaw, roll, pitch, X, Y Z…disabled or not…that invert thing ? …does anybody have the proper settings to make it nice, straight and smooth …? Thanks in advance… i feel dizzy alreday…llol…

I was wondering if it supports IR cameras such as the ones for Windows Hello. I have a Logitech Brio which would be incredibly precise if using IR, but it doesn’t look like it’s activating it

However in GitHub they do seem to claim it’s supported, but I can’t get it working

Hardware (IR LEDs, specific hardware…) free headtracking solution.

My camera on my monitor is a hello compliant 1080p camera and it works just fine.

It was the up down on my settings that needed inverting. I also think the in out, closer to / further away. I just don’t know if that’s x, y or z…

Yes, but does it use the normal camera or the IR? IR is obv way more precise for head tracking and doesn’t suffer from changes in environmental light, it would be great if it was properly supported