LetsFly is a proof of concept for a unique flight planning utility.
It’s a flight planner for the times you ask yourself; Where should I fly today?
I primarily made it for myself but thought others might find it handy as well. I seemed to get stuck doing the same routes all the way back to FSX. Using this I have explored a lot more areas, which is really cool with this amazing scenery.
LetsFly is a simple utility for creating interesting random flight plans using user-defined search parameters. Explore new areas, find a flight within a user defined range, find the shortest grass runway in a location to test your skills. Easily save your favorite flight plans, or get detailed information about the airport including weather.
Available Search Parameters:
- Location: Continent / Country / Region / Random
- Range - Within Min and Max nautical miles
- Airport Size: Small, Medium, Large, etc.
- Runway Type: Concrete, Grass, etc.
- Required Airport Length - Min & Max
- Fuel Available
- Available Landing Systems: ALS, VASI, ILS
LetsFly is not a full fledged flight planner and you will need to use other tools for detailed flight planning. LetsFly will give you a possible “journey” how you plan the trip is up to you. All airports should plug into MSFS2020 without an issue, and you can setup your flight from there (VFR/IFR, etc).
Easy to install: Just drag the folder (in the ZIP) to where you would like. Please be sure to have the latest .NET runtime installed. Windows 10 x64 compatible. Please be aware this is an early beta, and may contains bugs.
Download Link: LetsFly • Flight Simulator 2020
NEW VERSION - UPDATES v0.3:
- Moved to a better hosting site, shouldn’t have the same download issues as before.
- Fixed a decimal localization issue causing the database not found error. Big thanks to @Snoo0oop with the assistance testing!
- Please be sure you have the latest virus definitions for Windows Defender or it may falsely flag the exe as malicious.