Addons in Community appear as NOT INSTALLED in Content Manager, after updating to 1.15.7.0 and World Update IV, although they are installed

Maybe it’s is not a bug but a feature? Before the update the community addons weren’t displayed or listed anywhere inside the Sim at all. Now they are listed in the content manager, that’s not bad. They are maybe displayed as “not installed” because they are neither official nor marketplace content that can in any way be installed or deinstalled (or updated) by the Sim itself.

Install the free official France + Benelux package in the marketplace…

1 Like

They were listed in Content Manager before as installed. Just a visual bug, but they were there correctly previously.

2 Likes

One more, it is a bug…

Wasn’t aware of that.

I have no idea if this will fix the issue that others are experiencing, however this is something I always do after any update. The information below is for the MS Store version of MSFS. I am not sure how it works for steam.

There is a repository of scenery that MSFS uses, both in the OFFICIAL and the COMMUNITY folder under the name Content.xml located in C:\Users\ YOUR USER NAME \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

It is a file that can be viewed using a text editor.

I always empty the community folder before any updates.
After I update I restart the PC
I then browse to this file location and delete Content.xml
I then run MSFS and it rebuilds this file
I then exit MSFS
I move all the community folder contents back into the Community folder and re run MSFS
It then updates the Content.xml file with all the community folder scenery.

TL;DR deleting Content.xml and running MSFS with an empty community folder, exiting the sim and readding contents to the community folder and then rerunning MSFS may correct this issue. It might be worth a try?

Update: These steps don’t correct the issue

1 Like

Yes!!!

This is a strange issue. It seems that even though all content in the community folder says “Not installed”, it seems all add-on airports and aircrafts are working (I have mainly ORBX, JustSim, Aerosoft add-ons). I havent had time to investigate more than visiting some of my airports for a few minutes and trying out the CRJ.

Can this issue cause other problems?

Best regards Jan Jönsson

It is completely cosmetic - makes no difference - if it is in the community folder, it is installed

1 Like

No, it is cosmetic only - makes no difference. Looks odd, but that’s it.

@Jummivana it might be worth adding to the “known issues” list or at least in the patch notes that items in the community folder will show in content manager as not installed even though they are

3 Likes

I have now had a chance to properly look at my own flight sim and even though I followed the steps I described in the post above (Addons in Community appear as NOT INSTALLED in Content Manager, after updating to 1.15.7.0 and World Update IV, although they are installed - #39 by tamalien) I am also suffering from the “Not Installed” message for my community folder add ons in my content manager.

These steps clearly don’t correct the issue.

The content is clearly installed and working in the sim, however!

3 Likes

Yes, it luckily seems like a cosmetic issue. The WASM errors are a lot more serious in that respect :slight_smile:

Hello, I HAVE EXCATLY THE SAME ISSUE after having updated world update 4 , I have in my content manager I see that all my contents added in the community folder are set as not installed !! This was not the case before this update. Anyway, I can use all of them with no problem even if they are considered not installed by the system. Strange isn’t it and I would bet this is a bug due to the last update. Thank you

Addons are installed in game, but in game it says they’re not installed, but they are working fine ?

1 Like

They should create a sub directory and call it Community Mods rather than under the same folder name as the base install, this way its easier to tell which is which…

Also same issue, appears as Not installed. Getting late in Brisbane, investigate and test tomorrow. Some comfort I’m not the only one with problems :slight_smile:

In my case in community folder i can’t have the FlyByWire a320 dev, ctd. The Standalone a320 is missing and not installed in content. Only if i use a320 stable version not crash.

It is mostly related to a custom livery. Check these.

You are right. I took off all liveries from community folder and dont crash. But in content manager FBW is not installed, but its there and working. Thanks. I hope a solution to use the liveries in future.

If you have the Steam installation you get the Steam update first which once done you can do your housekeeping regards the community folder before booting up the sim. Not sure about the MS Store version. But valid comment none the less.