Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in

Same for me. Never noticed that before AAU1. It completely destroys the game in affected areas.

3 Likes

Split, Croatia: a beautiful place totally destroyed by this bug…

2 Likes

I can confirm it’s like that on my Xbox Series X too. It’s even worse on the whole of Croatia’s coast, Albania and Montenegro. The beauty of these countries in MSFS is gone.

The worst offender might be the famous Skadar Lake in Montenegro, where there is some fauna POI (Geese) in MSFS. Shockingly bad texture changes.

2 Likes

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Are you using DX11 or DX12?
No

Are you using DLSS?
No

Brief description of the issue:
There is already a topic about this issue in the bug report section, but it seems it got even worse in Beta. In some places (southern France, central USA, Hawaii, Algeria, etc.), terrain textures keep changing while flying over or panning the external camera. That’s a known bug related, maybe, to LOD and/or different Bing data for the same place, but it seems is getting worse build after build. To check it, just start a flight at Orano, Algeria, and take a look around. Totally gamebreaking.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Just start a daytime flight around Orano, Algeria, or south of Bordeaux, France

PC specs and peripheral set up:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

As i said in the previous topic, try with dx11 instead of dx12 beta.
:wink:

I’m on Xbox, unfortunately…

1 Like

What good are the #tags when no one seems to be able to read them?

Too many #xbox threads have PC-only advice offered.

Croatia is also affected. Take a look at this mess, near Split:

1 Like

Look at this mess in the south of Corsica (coast near Figari). Different ocean tiles color and different ground colors (green terrain vs violet-ish). It looks like Bing is messed up between pictures taken at different time of the day or seasons… And while flying they always pop in and out it’s never static, really ruins everything…

Does everybody also has this ?? Coordinates 41.390471, 9.232773 near Gurgazu, south corsica.
I always used to fly there without noticing anything, it’s litterally impossible not to notice it now so it has to be new

2 Likes

This shows the magenta / violet tiles even better. And they are constatly popping in and out

4 Likes

Yes and it was not like that before. Some areas or even whole countries, like Croatia or Montenegro, are ruined now by this issue.

1 Like

Spain & France same behaviour… With or without RollingCache enabled.

1 Like

What areas of Spain are affected by this constantly changing texture issue? It seems to be getting worse.

1 Like

Right now I’m over Barcelona, but early in the morning I was over Montpelier & Perpignan… The tiles “dance” is still there! Yesterday I was VFR flying from Gibraltar to Barcelona with the same behaviour…

1 Like

These are very important areas of Europe. I wonder what is causing this problem affecting VFR flights. Seems like some kind of BING maps error.

Do you have Spain world update insalled?

1 Like

Not just ground tiles changing, but also some sort of ugly patchwork in several places, with big tiles with different color shades. It wasn’t so noticeable in central Italy before.

3 Likes

This: it’s even noticeable in the world map. Too many different satellite images…

2 Likes

This bug is like a virus spreading all over the game. Just noticed it destroyed also the Monterrey area in Mexico, one of my favourite places to fly…

At least this issue has been flagged as bug-logged, but it has to be fixed soon. Since it’s affecting more and more places, it’s a high priority bug. Any news from the devs?

3 Likes

I’m seeing this bug in many more places in the Mediterranean. Indeed this issue seems to be getting worse ans spreading to more areas.

2 Likes

It appears to be the difference between the original Bing maps and the newest Bing map data…as noted by others on the forum. I tried all different settings on my system and found that it occurs in all instances and gets worse the higher your settings are…at least for my investigation. I tried the map change software that uses different providers of data for MSFS and it made no difference…all my tests were at low altitude around LOWI (Innsbruck, Austria) the farm patches in this area show the problem quite well. I also tried using the cache at various sizes and still the problem persisted. Asobo and MS need to fix this or I and others will not continue to use this software as the immersion that was enjoyable when it was in SU11 or previous was lost with SU12. Hopefully the message gets to Asobo and MS and they work on a rollback or fix soon.

5 Likes