Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in

Same for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just arrived in Bern LSZB. Definitely still popping tiles over there.

2 Likes

This problem is absurd, how long will take to solve this?, we have years experience this issues. I have tiles changing from Isle on man to French alps, on Corsica and now on Japan. How they could not fix such an important failure?

11 Likes

This is a reminder that this thread is meant to serve as a bug topic, not a discussion topic. If you are experiencing this issue, please feel free to report your findings using the following template. Outside of this, please use this topic Discuss on Aerial/Ground times issues to discuss this bug. All other posts will be removed.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

same issue.

now on SU14 version 1.35.21.0
for example fly over city of grenoble to the south 5000ft. in the surrounding tiles are popping in and out, and do not fit the near surrounding of the aircraft position.

Microsoft and Asobo have addressed this:

Please report areas using the reply template above.

1 Like

Yes

See map below !

• Corsica (whole island)
  • French Alps (very large rectangle btw Oyonnax, La Ciotat, Chamonix and Nice)
  • Bern area (Switzerland)
  • Geneva area (Switzerland)
  • Turin area (Italy)
  • Venice area (Italy)
  • part of Austrian and Italian Tyrol (large rectangle East of Innsbruck)
  • part of French and Swiss Jura (around Pontarlier)
  • Malta island

12 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discuss on Aerial/Ground times issues

A reminder that was posted above:

YES

This is now also happening in Havana, Cuba as well as throughout Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTOsAshxv8

1 Like

This is not the pop up issue, it’s fixed imagery taken on different time and condition.

3 Likes

Yes

Flying over Bradshaw TKPK

https://youtu.be/-Gai56BBiHw

Yes

Grenoble LFLG scenery tiling

https://youtu.be/FVW3CBnQ4aY

Chaco canyon starting point, tiling very bad. Tried deleting Xbox X cache and resetting before flight, second flight same area still the same.

1 Like

Yes

Took off from Seletar WSSL, heading North, then North West past Sultan Ismail WMKJ, where it finally stopped

https://youtu.be/PRbrZD8iy3w

yes

This affects almost all wU enhanced areas wich got updated after initial release of msfs 2020.

Yes. The “steps” are just to fly where the bug occurs!

Watch the video below:
This flight in the video had 2 purposes:

1. (To test the Rafale, as it is brand new. It was released on 14 December 2023.)
    2. To show the ground texture TILES bug (from East of Challes-les-Eaux to Bern).

In many parts of the World, ground texture tiles change when we are close to the ground.
As one of Flight Simulator’s strength is ground texture realism, this bug is a huge immersion killer, that ruins these areas in general, but also every single scenery addon in areas plagued by this bug.

I set the weather to “FEW CLOUDS”, in June, in order to properly show the ground texture tiles; weather settings are shown from 17:58.

Below, I give the times of parts of interest:

I take off from Challes-les-Eaux and fly towards the South East. Ground texture tiles are stable near Challes-les-Eaux, but quickly get buggy a few kilometers away.
The ground texture tiles bug starts at 6:35; I recommend watching from take off, from 4:12, to see that the ground texture tiles are stable up to 6:35.

This bug is present until the Swiss border. I pay particular attention to the France - Switzerland border: we can clearly see this bug on the French side, but not on the Swiss side: watch from 14:44, for the next 12 minutes, until ~ 27:00.

I continue towards Sion, then I head North. The ground texture tiles are stable in Switzerland, but NOT in an area surrounding the city of Bern, the capital. Watch from 36:00 to 50:00, the ground texture tiles BUG starts at 36:22, first on the left side. I fly extensively, low over this area to show where the ground texture tiles are buggy / stable.
There is a weird red line, on the lower left, at 44:13.
I land at Bern Belp airport.

NB: Ground texture tiles closer to the ground are generally better, but not always: watch from 25:45…

To investigate, they should compare the data of areas where the bug occurs, and areas free of this bug.

4 Likes

I can confirm area between EDMO and LOWI & between NZAA and NZHN, both regions when flying low (approx. up to 1.500 ft AGL).

Very annoying and immersion breaking.

3 Likes

I can confirm Punta Cana (MDPC) is having the issue, constated tonight.

1 Like

I’m glad to announce that, on my end, the tile popping issue is gone in Corsica today.

I flew the south western coast, between Bonifacio and Ajaccio, which used to be an area extremely affected, and it’s all good now. There are still some green tiles popping out of the scenery, but they are only missing data which cause the lower LOD to pop in (the one you should normally see from far away). This imagery has a different colorimetry. That’s why you can still see some “patches” of green. That could be manually twisted by some freeware developers. While waiting, hopefully, for a brand new sattelite imagery for Corsica in an upcoming World update.
But the mix of two layers of bing datas is gone ! And it’s a pleasure to enjoy flying Corsica again.