Discuss on Aerial/Ground times issues

Hi,

As per the Bug Thread here;
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/

I would like to start off by discussing two things;

1. Why has it taken so long for the Dev Heads to openly discuss this issue (must recent Q&A) when it was first reported well over a year ago and by some accounts first noticed with the release of the UK & Ireland World Update (February 2021).

2. This is a scenery simulator with respect to what you can visually see, this issue being so obvious should be prioritised accordingly like most visual bugs. Therefore why has it taken so long for it to become noticed by the Dev Heads? This surely should’ve been highly prioritised from the moment the bug landed in the bug forum.

I appreciate bug threads turn into discussion topics which can take the developers attention away from the issue at hand, so please post locations in the above thread to help them as much as possible.

Thanks

5 Likes

The thread for this bug is confused at best. Seems like there are lots of texture popping issues, all slightly different and probably caused by different things. Some of those bugs have been around for a while (like yours Craig) and others are more recent (like mine).

My particular issue with popping textures started after SU 13. It only happens if I am below approx 1400 feet above ground level. A CLEARLY defined area of approx 1/2 mile radius of different textures that change as I fly along, popping in ahead of the aircraft.

I have had other issues of RANDOM textures popping at higher alt for a long time…I believe this is a different issue.

Good luck MS Asobo sorting this out

1 Like

That is an old issue, for sure. These videos were uploaded in June 2021. Annoyingly when I published them it rewrote the upload stamp.

1 Like

A recent issue for me :slightly_smiling_face:

So I’ll reiterate: Good luck sorting this out MS Asobo :wink:

1 Like

It is not just Europe though, yesterday it was happening on the ILS approach into HAVANA, CUBA.

People are saying this bug is related to world update areas? Has there been a world update to Cuba, I can’t recall?

1 Like

It is puzzling how Microsoft does not release an official note on this annoying bug.

2 Likes

They talked in the last Q&A dev stream about the issue :wink:

1 Like

Chaco canyon, USA. Still tiling scenery in and out.

Maybe someday….

1 Like

And they have a solution?

1 Like

Yes they do - please watch the dev stream for further information…
They identified the problem and working on a fix …

2 Likes

This is so annoying …
SU15 would be a good time to fix this finally!

2 Likes

Still issue with the su15b unfortunatly

4 Likes

Asobo/developers this issue murders the joy and exhilaration of your incredibly awesome simulation. The views in the sim are as important as the fidelity of the aircraft.

Please fix this…pretty please :sleepy:

3 Likes

Was really bad yesterday over Texas, New Mexico and Arizona with this tile popping. FWIW, I am not in the beta either. Been seeing this all over the US.

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty bad. I’m seeing it everywhere now.

1 Like

Yep. Not looking good for being fixed with the implementation of SU15 as is not only present in the beta but is worse, more frequent and happening everywhere. Not good.

4 Likes

Awful news. Sad.

3 Likes

It is clear that the creation of the Earth was the largest prerequisite to the creation of MSFS. It is what makes the sim revolutionary and so attractive.

I can’t understand how this is not priority number one for a solution. It’s in so many places, that almost all the joy and exhilaration of the sim is compromised.

Once again, Asobo/developers please give us the beautiful earth to fly over…pretty please.

2 Likes

Providing at least a way to turn off LOD0 loading (most detailed land texture) would be a way to get rid of this, at the cost of a lower ground resolution but that would not be worst…

I’ve personally lost the will to fly in the sim, and I’ve also lost almost all my planes beta-testers because of that :frowning:

3 Likes

Bagolu…you are so right. I’d rather have a bit lower ground resolution, because the higher res is irrelevant when the tiles creep along the flight path, making an ugly checkerboard mess.

I’m 66 years old, been simming since sublogic days, and purchased every iteration of MSFS. As everyone else, my breath was taken away by the great job Asobo did with creating an Earth that made the sim the giant it is today. I’m certain that everyone who has the sim was attracted to the way the Earth looked when flying over it. I’ll bet that everyone who flies the sim wants a window seat when flying in reality, because looking down upon the Earth is what the thrill of flight is all about.

So, once again…Asobo, please fix this…pretty please.

2 Likes