Aerial ground tiles changing/popping in

I don’t think it’s an on/off or « infection » kind of bug, but rather Bing slowly rolling in some new data, probably without the developers awareness, and which are replacing the higher res textures without matching the lower res. Until someone comes here and shows us proof that he hasn’t got this bug in the concerned areas (which I highly doubt is possible because Xbox players have it too), I think we can consider it unrelated to hardware or settings.

I also do wonder a lot why there isn’t way more people aware of this ! I guess people mostly don’t fly low at the concerned places, or haven’t searched for it on the forums yet… But I think that with the concerned area getting bigger and bigger, more people are going to be concerned.

Maybe, we shall consider listing all the concerned areas to help the devs out? There has to be something in common with all these areas that differentiate them from the non problematic ones …

2 Likes

I’m not sure of its relevance, but I tested the location mentioned previously in this thread up around Edmunton, Alberta (CMF2). There certainly is a noticeable amount of the “popping tiles” syndrome there.

However, I noticed flying around there low at a pretty good clip in a TBM-930, the syndrome practically disappears when one climbs up to almost any altitude a little above 3000 ft.

Is your cpu OC’d mine is at 5.5ghz standard is 3.0ghz…I have not had any stutters (micro or otherwise since SU11) unless I fly over very busy airports. I have a video of the area I fly most often (KTIW-SEATTLE, WA, USA) and it is pretty nice though I am locked at 30fps…runs very smooth…just an occasional pause when changing views for the first time…or looking L/R in VR for the first time…it must cache the view because after the first time it is smooth from then on.

I checked and 400 is TLOD slider max setting now
If the video does not show then it is the first video on my FB page

I have an interesting anomaly that maybe someone here can answer…in LOWI the ground tiles change rapidly and all around the aircraft…but, in KTIW/KSEA area they do not change almost at all…why?

Here ae some through the lens shots of my view with the PIMAX 8KX…looks great to me even with my shaky hands holding the iPhone…HAHA

The blurriness in the shots is not noticeable in the helmet…looks very clear and readable

I’ll try it thanks!

Ok, let’s start
Isle of Man (UK)
Bordeaux region (France)
Perpignan (France)
Split (Croatia)
Tivat (Montenegro) Well, acually the whole adriatic coast is a mess…
Monterrey (Mexico)
Orano (Algeria)

1 Like

same here with xbox series X.
here s what happens when I get near to the alps in Italy (near Trento)
the textures popping up (on the left) are of a bright green color and are totally different comparing with textures on the right side.
didn t notice this problem before SU12.
definetly a major issue that needs to be urgently fixed by Asobo in my opinion

2 Likes

Isle of Man (UK)
Bordeaux region (France)
Perpignan (France)
Nice, Cannes, Western Alps region (South-Est France)
Figari LFKF region, Calvi LFKC region (North, South Corsica)
Split (Croatia)
Tivat (Montenegro) Well, acually the whole adriatic coast is a mess…
LYPO to LAGJ route in Albania
Monterrey, MMMY (Mexico)
Orano (Algeria)
Innsbruck, LOWI region (Austria)
Italian Alps, Trento region (Italia)

… (to be continued)

Note: the airports are given as a starting point but they are not really qconcerned by the popping, it’s rather the surrounding region. Especially noticeable on rural areas but cities are as much concerned

1 Like

tried VFR over the southwest part of the Man Island and saw all rainbow colors from red to white and all degress of green popping in and out in front of me!
that was a real trip!
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

The whole coast of Croatia is suffering from this bug, not only Split.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

Terrain textures change with no reason, going from one type to another and creating a weird effect. In the provided video below you can see some brown textures around Le Castellet airport pop up and replace the normal green ones, present at the beginning. In the video the brown textures seems to pop up with LOD increasing, but I have seen some texture change even a few meters under my hood during approach, so the bug is not always LOD related.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

The issue has been tested and reproduced in VR mode, no data available for 2D mode (to be verified if present in both modes). From the terrain map load a flight with a GA airplane over Le Castellet airport, take-off and fly around it looking at terrain textures. The issue is clearly visible. Every other map area is affected, but the issue is more or less visible according to the site of the map. At Le Castellet it’s clearly visible.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3080TI, Hp reverb G2 for VR

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.30.12.0 (but maybe it was present in previous versions too)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

same here, we just flew near LOWI and not only do they change (a bug that i encountered since SU5 or so) but at very low hight the terrain disappears entirely:

Following the upgrade to SU 12, I’m struggling with this problem without finding any solution. After the SU 12 installed as recommended, everything is OK except a display of ground textures in the form of darker or lighter squares as the plane moves forward. with an altitude between 500 and 800 feet AGL…

In DX12 or 11, cache on or off, community empty or not, low or high settings, nothing changes, I tried all resolutions, nothing to do… NVIDIA drivers up to date Windows 10 22H2 up to date, never any problem before…

here is a video of the problem

5 Likes

Photo scenery has always been made up of these “squares” known as tiles.
Sometimes the images were taken at different times so the images don’t nicely blend from one to the next. If however this is a new issue in an area that previously didn’t have the issue, you could delete your rolling cache, and then re-create it again. This will flush out any old data that was stored in the cache previously.

Hope it helps.

unfortunately it is already done but it does not change anything…
thank you for your answer…

1 Like

Same problem here! Game-breaking issue (all around the world) which was introduced with SU12!

2 Likes

Yes, see it as well in some areas. Other areas there’s no problem. Still trying to pinpoint whether it’s location dependent.

1 Like

This issue is independent of SU12 release as it appeared after AAU1 update. And it’s spreading to many areas. The whole of Croatia is ruined like that for example.

We have been reporting this serious bug here.

2 Likes

Haven’t the World Updates been updated? This could be a possible cause of this OR probably made it worse!