Aeroplane Heaven Chipmunk on its way (And now released)

Ok so the fix for the tank feed issue is indeed to edit all the .flt files and replace “Left” with “Both” on the last two lines under “Fuel.0”. I can confirm with that, both tanks feed simultaneously. Not sure about the left tank gauge though, that’s still only reading 0. I’ll have to dig deeper for that.

2 Likes

Both @Stardrifter2232 and @phobos8287 have done some sterling work here and provided much information. However this IMHO is a joke of a bug. I dont want to Labour the point, but this should be fixed today, weekend or not.

In any case this affirms, sadly my intention not to give AH more money.

1 Like

Great find! I’ll edit mine in lieu of any word from AH on the subject this far.

I haven’t even received a reply to my email to their helpdesk from yesterday about the fuel issues. The left side gauge bug I can’t seem to figure out sadly, but since the tanks drain equally I guess we can just rely on the right gauge for now.

1 Like

@phobos8287 I’m not sure if you’re a flightsim.to user, but one of us could potentially add this there as a quick patch. If you’re not game, I’m happy to do it and credit you. It wouldn’t be “drag and drop” per se but it would just be a way for people to quickly overwrite all of those files with the fixed versions.

I definitely don’t know how to set up and submit a patch to flightsim.to so feel free to. I don’t need credit, I just want a working plane.

1 Like

I’m with you there! I also never received a reply to my email. I assume they did the classic software developer move of hitting the release button and turning off their computers. I have worked with enough devs to know this move very well :laughing:

You know, there is a lot more that is ‘right’ with this airplane than wrong. It really is a nice little airplane. Sure, the fuel bug is something that they should have caught in testing….but this isn’t a show stopper. She flies nicely and I would say the sounds are a marked step forward for Aeroplane Heaven. I’m glad I picked it up.

3 Likes

You are correct. Flaps down should be lever fully back. The pilot notes they provided show this so don’t know how they got that one wrong. None of the youtube reviewers seem to have spotted it either. Also most of the gauges are pre chipmunk,

Yes, rather an interesting choice of gauges. The Turn & Slip is more WW2 era (commonly seen on Spitfires etc.)

But it is a garbage bug, after the Electra and 140 it’s just path of the course as I see it, mix that in with zero Comms and probably weeks or months with no patch I can’t be bothered.

You maybe happy with sub par products which for what it is at present isn’t cheap, but like the Electra this is just a basic and lazy oversight, that outweighs the much to like to me, no excuse imho and being AH we won’t hear one anyway.

I just hope OrbX and just flight stop taking their add-ons day 1 untill they stop being sloppy.

Devs with little to no experience are making add-ons that far more complex without these sloppy bugs and with far more communication.

1 Like

Got an email back from AH saying they’ll be releasing a fix (no timeframe) including the fuel issue. I honestly didn’t catch the flaps lever issue, though I did call it out in a stream I did as being strange. So many things are “backwards” in the Chipmunk that I just figured it was par for the course for that aircraft despite feeling wrong.

1 Like

the post from the developer says ‘a small patch will be coming this week’

AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24 - Page 3 (sim-outhouse.com)

1 Like

Speaking of levers, is full rich mixture supposed to be all the way back? Because that’s the animation.

That’s accurate, strangely. Throws me off every time.

1 Like

I’m thinking that your definition of sub-par and mine are somewhat different. I’m enjoying it… the flight model feels believable for the most part, it looks pretty good, lots of liveries, sounds a lot better than their previous efforts, has two versions of the aircraft…some of the systems need to be looked at, but nothing is broken to the point that we can’t fly and enjoy it….unless you are unable to see beyond those small issues, which it seems are going to be fixed shortly. Incidentally, the (excellent) Big Radials Goose experienced the same issue with the fuel system on initial release.

as it turns out - the developer claims the flap lever movement is accurate and that the description is included in their documentation with the Chipmunk package

1 Like

The main thing I notice when compared to flying the real thing, is there is no random garbage to fall on your head after you return to level flight after being inverted :wink:

3 Likes

paperclips, pencils, gum wrappers, someday I think some avid 3D modeler might take on that challenge - as computing power grows…

1 Like

Wait…you can invert this thing? So is this like the great grandma of something like the RV-14 or something? (bad comparison i know :man_facepalming:)