Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 for MSFS

Lovely aircraft. One bug I noticed is that one of the blades on the right prop does not animate when feathering - other two blades on that prop do as do all three on the other prop.

Thanks! Found it - threre’s even a LVAR for the latch. Does not change the gear warning however.

Along with the gear latch I tested the hydraulic system selector - there’s a bug as well: Gyropilot should only work in the left position. Works in both though.

FWIW I highlighted the click spot to extend the lever in the image below:

3 Likes

Why is my dc-3 stalling? I make sure to lift the tail up but the elevators don’t work on the ground causing it to stall.

1 Like

And where is the plane with the right passenger door? The model is included, but there is no way to select it.

Try setting a couple notches of nose-down trim and pick up more speed before rotating.

The auxiliary oil tank of DC3 seems to be unavailable.

Anywhere to see selected heading with the retrofit models w/ GNS530?

The description of the DC-3 Enhancement package says there are “Metal Left” and “Metal Right” liveries. But those don’t show up in the list of livery options in the sim.

I am getting really low flight times in my logbook. 15 minute flight reads as 1 minute 6 seconds. 45 minute flight is showing as 12:56. Weird.

Flying out of Barrow in a DC 3.

Thanks Aeroplane Heaven / Asobo for this wonderful addition to our beloved Sim,
Sergio Del Rosso for the Barrow Utqiagvik scenery and Canuckshaw for his DC 3 Livery.
Kind Regards.

5 Likes

@ Vibstronium Try 5 degrees nose down trim and EASE back on the yoke at 90 mph. NO FLAPS

Is there a good video tutorial for this plane? I really want to learn to fly it

I changed the value for
BestPowerSpecificFuelConsumption = 0.45 ;default is 0.49
to 0.45 from 0.7 in the engines.cfg. This gives a consumption per engine in the 46-47 range when on 28"/2050rpm, which is way more sensible. At max T/O Power it still goes well beyond 100gph / engine which is enough in my book. Cruise performance is way more important for planning. For the faulty gauges I made myself an airmanager panel. I am a pretty happy camper now. Still requires some suspension of disbelief as auto rich and auto lean (or emergency rich) do not do anything different as there is no custom code. It is just autolean on. I still put the levers in their appropriate position and now need to get back to captaining the DC-3 around :smiley:

Edit .49 seems to be better. Who’d have thunk it :smiley: the base sim is quite alright

2 Likes

Beautiful captures!

1 Like

Since the aircraft has been released as a commissioned product for Microsoft, please continue the conversation here:

Thanks!